Lack of awareness is causing barriers in schools for children with autism
Every child has the right to education as per the Indian constitution.
Disabled children are supposed to get admission in normal schools and get quality education.
These are the expectations from an ideal system, however, in reality the education system in the country has many barriers.
Children with autism are not treated with equality and dignity in Indian schools. They are made fun of and called names by their fellow students.
This can be changed by making schools inclusive and making arrangements to train teachers.
Special teachers for students with autism can create a better chance of learning.
Lack of awareness about autism is the main reason that children with autism are treated badly.
Schools need to be well equipped to meet the requirements of children with special needs.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines January 19, 2019 India wins one day series in Australia
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 "I asked for my khukri & cut off my leg"- My Take by Ian Cardozo, 1st war disabled Indian soldier to lead a battalion
- Headlines January 21, 2019 Senior BJP leader makes offensive remarks about Mayawati
- Accessibility January 15, 2019 Gujarat National Law University sets up Enabling Unit for disabled students
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 Inclusion & music come together at this event in Delhi's Hans Raj College
- Accessibility January 18, 2019 Goa Carnival 2019 promises to be wheelchair accessible
- Events January 20, 2019 Deaf Awareness India- Guests Lecture
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Education January 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News