Lack of awareness is causing barriers in schools for children with autism
October 19, 2017
Every child has the right to education as per the Indian constitution.
Disabled children are supposed to get admission in normal schools and get quality education.
These are the expectations from an ideal system, however, in reality the education system in the country has many barriers.
Children with autism are not treated with equality and dignity in Indian schools. They are made fun of and called names by their fellow students.
This can be changed by making schools inclusive and making arrangements to train teachers.
Special teachers for students with autism can create a better chance of learning.
Lack of awareness about autism is the main reason that children with autism are treated badly.
Schools need to be well equipped to meet the requirements of children with special needs.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 25, 2019 Tough, but not impossible. - Guest columnist Karthik Chandrashekhar talks about his journey overcoming disability
- Headlines March 25, 2019 111 farmers to contest elections against PM Modi
- Headlines March 25, 2019 Death toll from Cyclone Idai in South Africa rises
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 Child prodigy Joshua Beckford proves disability need not be a roadblock to your dreams
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Parikkar given state funeral with military honours
- Events March 20, 2019 Run 4 Autism Marathon- More details to come
- Events March 19, 2019 BGFI's session on STEM study - An Inclusive Avenue for the Blind
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News