Lack of awareness is causing barriers in schools for children with autism
October 19, 2017
Every child has the right to education as per the Indian constitution.
Disabled children are supposed to get admission in normal schools and get quality education.
These are the expectations from an ideal system, however, in reality the education system in the country has many barriers.
Children with autism are not treated with equality and dignity in Indian schools. They are made fun of and called names by their fellow students.
This can be changed by making schools inclusive and making arrangements to train teachers.
Special teachers for students with autism can create a better chance of learning.
Lack of awareness about autism is the main reason that children with autism are treated badly.
Schools need to be well equipped to meet the requirements of children with special needs.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
- Technology August 23, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Low cost foot orthosis wins Aneesh Karma wins Universal Design Award 2019
- Headlines August 16, 2019 From 29 October, women can travel for free on Delhi buses
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Trending stories on Newz Hook Aug 9 – Aug 16
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Parenting Corner- Motivating children
- Events August 21, 2019 GO PLAY - A Parent Education Program
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News