Lack of awareness is causing barriers in schools for children with autism
October 19, 2017
Every child has the right to education as per the Indian constitution.
Disabled children are supposed to get admission in normal schools and get quality education.
These are the expectations from an ideal system, however, in reality the education system in the country has many barriers.
Children with autism are not treated with equality and dignity in Indian schools. They are made fun of and called names by their fellow students.
This can be changed by making schools inclusive and making arrangements to train teachers.
Special teachers for students with autism can create a better chance of learning.
Lack of awareness about autism is the main reason that children with autism are treated badly.
Schools need to be well equipped to meet the requirements of children with special needs.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Athlete Dutee Chand faces family expulsion for saying she is gay
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Video of physically disabled Zomato delivery boy wins hearts on social media
- Parasports May 20, 2019 Passion for sports keeps Amresh's spirits up through the worst of times
- Headlines May 22, 2019 PM Modi pays tribute to Rajiv Gandhi on death anniversary
- Get-hooked May 25, 2019 Urmi Foundation helps disabled kids from poor communities get access to education
- Headlines May 25, 2019 Bollywood actors hail PM Modi for historic win
- Headlines May 19, 2019 PM Modi responds to title of 'Divider in Chief'
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News