Telangana to link state disability ID cards with national ID
August 27, 2017
The government of Telangana issues Sadaram cards to the disabled in the state so they can get the better of welfare schemes easily. These will now be linked to the universal disability cards issued by the central government.
Telangana is one of the 15 states where the universal disability ID cards - UDID - will be issued and linked in the first phase. There are 147 vacant posts of officials for disabled care and welfare, which the state government has promised to fill soon. All the new buses that are being launched will be accessible to people with disabilities, while the old ones will be modified to suit them.
In the higher education sector, the government plans to appoint experts on disabilities on the advisory panels to make them more inclusive. Early health intervention centres that are now running in 10 districts will be set up in all other districts.
Telangana stands fourth after Goa, Delhi and Haryana in providing a pension of Rs 1,500 to the disabled. Over 15,000 schools have been made accessible, and similar steps plan to be taken up for government buildings.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News