App makes communication easy for people with speech problems
Jellow Communicator India is a free Android app, started by the Industrial Design Centre (IDC) and the Indian Institute of Technology – Bombay (IITB).
The app can be used for communication by kids learning to speak or those having speech difficulties. It aims to empower slow learners, children with autism, cerebral palsy, Down’s syndrome and other types of speech impairment.
The app has nine icons or images that show steps to do daily activities such as greet and meet, eating, people, places, time and weather.
For example, the activity of brushing teeth is broken into three steps. Step 1 is put toothpaste on the brush, Step 2 is brush and left sides, Step 3 is rinse.
Users can go through the app in English and Hindi languages.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Sneakers designed by Virat Kohli launched in India
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Kerala shutdowns after Sabarimala protests intensifies
- Events October 19, 2018 Knowledge sharing Open Session On Career Planning by BGFI
- Headlines October 20, 2018 59 people dead as train runs them over in Amritsar
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Accessibility October 16, 2018 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Parasports October 16, 2018 Aiming for gold in 2020 Paralympics, Asian Para Games gold medalist Ekta Bhyan tells Newz Hook
- Education October 18, 2018 Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Check out these reasons to not miss out on Dandiya this Navratri
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Goa Governor’s comment about blind people raises hackles
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News