App makes communication easy for people with speech problems
August 15, 2017
Jellow Communicator India is a free Android app, started by the Industrial Design Centre (IDC) and the Indian Institute of Technology - Bombay (IITB).
The app can be used for communication by kids learning to speak or those having speech difficulties. It aims to empower slow learners, children with autism, cerebral palsy, Down's syndrome and other types of speech impairment.
The app has nine icons or images that show steps to do daily activities such as greet and meet, eating, people, places, time and weather.
For example, the activity of brushing teeth is broken into three steps. Step 1 is put toothpaste on the brush, Step 2 is brush and left sides, Step 3 is rinse.
Users can go through the app in English and Hindi languages.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - Sensor-based device Saarthi is enabling blind people to move about independently
June 27, 2019
- New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
June 24, 2019
- #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
June 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Accessibility June 22, 2019 With no hearing test facility at Delhi's Safdarjung Hospital, disabled students miss NEET counselling
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 New study highlights importance of educating & training for children with autism
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Rahul Gandhi criticised for mocking Dog Squad yoga picture
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Parasports June 27, 2019 Bengaluru to play host to national blind football tournament
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Imran Khan trolled after he quotes Tagore as Gibran
- Employment June 27, 2019 Diya Innovations opens doors of opportunities for adults with disabilities
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News