App makes communication easy for people with speech problems
Jellow Communicator India is a free Android app, started by the Industrial Design Centre (IDC) and the Indian Institute of Technology – Bombay (IITB).
The app can be used for communication by kids learning to speak or those having speech difficulties. It aims to empower slow learners, children with autism, cerebral palsy, Down’s syndrome and other types of speech impairment.
The app has nine icons or images that show steps to do daily activities such as greet and meet, eating, people, places, time and weather.
For example, the activity of brushing teeth is broken into three steps. Step 1 is put toothpaste on the brush, Step 2 is brush and left sides, Step 3 is rinse.
Users can go through the app in English and Hindi languages.
Watch in Sign Language
- Microsoft introduces real-time captions, translations to Skype, PowerPoint
December 17, 2018
- Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
December 10, 2018
- Assistive technology makes life simpler for children with learning disabilities
December 5, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 16, 2018 13 miners in Meghalaya feared dead, search operations on
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
- Events December 17, 2018 Blind Cricket League
- Events December 17, 2018 Tycoons Rotary Marathon
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Bhupesh Baghel is the new Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh
- Parasports December 16, 2018 Exciting cricket at 1st triangular blind cricket series for girls
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Isha Ambani & Anand Piramal ties the knot at Ambani’s residence in Mumbai
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Election results from 5 states, massive disappointment for BJP
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018