App makes communication easy for people with speech problems
August 15, 2017
Jellow Communicator India is a free Android app, started by the Industrial Design Centre (IDC) and the Indian Institute of Technology - Bombay (IITB).
The app can be used for communication by kids learning to speak or those having speech difficulties. It aims to empower slow learners, children with autism, cerebral palsy, Down's syndrome and other types of speech impairment.
The app has nine icons or images that show steps to do daily activities such as greet and meet, eating, people, places, time and weather.
For example, the activity of brushing teeth is broken into three steps. Step 1 is put toothpaste on the brush, Step 2 is brush and left sides, Step 3 is rinse.
Users can go through the app in English and Hindi languages.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
April 18, 2019
- Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
April 15, 2019
- Developmental disorders can now be diagnosed from home, thanks to this app developed by AIIMS
April 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Don't play too safe with your money, look at ways to invest smartly
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 #AutismPower - Varun Sawant juggles multiple talents with great style
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News