How to communicate effectively with your deaf child
Parents are the most important and primary source of teaching early language to their children. The quantity of language during the early years is important for the child's language development, which is linked to academic success.
The average age of identifying hearing loss in children is about 2 1/2 years. Parents of deaf children can develop their children’s speech language skills better with the use of a hearing aid or cochlear implant.
These help children learn to understand speech sounds, which improves and promotes communication. Parents must make it a point to speak especially if the child is using a hearing aid or has undergone a cochlear implant as such input affects the children’s communicative development.
They also need to improve the child’s speaking ability, enhance the child's emotional development, understand the child, give short, clear instructions, keep track of the child's development, and listen when the child is trying to say something.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Understanding Misophonia
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Peranbu, a movie review - Guest column by A L Karpahaganesh
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 8, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019