How to communicate effectively with your deaf child
September 29, 2017
Parents are the most important and primary source of teaching early language to their children. The quantity of language during the early years is important for the child's language development, which is linked to academic success.
The average age of identifying hearing loss in children is about 2 1/2 years. Parents of deaf children can develop their children's speech language skills better with the use of a hearing aid or cochlear implant.
These help children learn to understand speech sounds, which improves and promotes communication. Parents must make it a point to speak especially if the child is using a hearing aid or has undergone a cochlear implant as such input affects the children's communicative development.
They also need to improve the child's speaking ability, enhance the child's emotional development, understand the child, give short, clear instructions, keep track of the child's development, and listen when the child is trying to say something.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 New study highlights importance of educating & training for children with autism
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
- Headlines June 23, 2019 ‘Kabir Singh’ becomes fourth-highest opener of 2019
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
- Parasports June 26, 2019 Ireland win puts para shuttler Pramod Bhagat among contenders for Tokyo Paralympics
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Events June 26, 2019 Music therapy for special needs children
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News