Deaf & mute Kannada actor Dhruv Sharma dead
August 3, 2017
Deaf and mute Kannada actor Dhruv Sharma passed away on Tuesday at the age of 35. He had a heart attack and multiple organ failure.
However, Dhruv's father claims the actor committed suicide by eating poison. Dhruv was fine until Saturday last week when he fainted suddenly and was admitted in the hospital.
He is survived by his wife and two daughters.
The actor was known for films like 'Snehanjali' and 'Thippaji Circle'. He was also popular for his cricketing skills in the Celebrity Cricket League. He took part in all six seasons of the league and was a member of the Karnataka Bulldozers team.
Dhruv's first movie was named in the Guinness Book of Records and Limca Book of Records for featuring a speech and deaf person in the lead role.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Vir Chakra recommended for Air Force pilot
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Disabled people in parts of Goa can look forward to wheelchair accessible transport on voting day
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News