Deaf & mute Kannada actor Dhruv Sharma dead
Deaf and mute Kannada actor Dhruv Sharma passed away on Tuesday at the age of 35. He had a heart attack and multiple organ failure.
However, Dhruv's father claims the actor committed suicide by eating poison. Dhruv was fine until Saturday last week when he fainted suddenly and was admitted in the hospital.
He is survived by his wife and two daughters.
The actor was known for films like 'Snehanjali' and 'Thippaji Circle'. He was also popular for his cricketing skills in the Celebrity Cricket League. He took part in all six seasons of the league and was a member of the Karnataka Bulldozers team.
Dhruv’s first movie was named in the Guinness Book of Records and Limca Book of Records for featuring a speech and deaf person in the lead role.
Watch in Sign Language
- This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
December 18, 2018
- How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
December 18, 2018
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events December 17, 2018 Hindi play to raise funds for Disabled Children
- Technology December 17, 2018 Microsoft introduces real-time captions, translations to Skype, PowerPoint
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Senior BJP leader questions choice of new RBI governor, party embarrassed
- Parasports December 17, 2018 Nothing stops this blind cricketer from batting for inclusion into IPL
- Get-hooked December 18, 2018 How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Election results from 5 states, massive disappointment for BJP
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Get set for an explosion of art & culture in accessible forms at the Serendipity Arts Festival
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 10, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018