Deaf & mute Kannada actor Dhruv Sharma dead
Deaf and mute Kannada actor Dhruv Sharma passed away on Tuesday at the age of 35. He had a heart attack and multiple organ failure.
However, Dhruv's father claims the actor committed suicide by eating poison. Dhruv was fine until Saturday last week when he fainted suddenly and was admitted in the hospital.
He is survived by his wife and two daughters.
The actor was known for films like 'Snehanjali' and 'Thippaji Circle'. He was also popular for his cricketing skills in the Celebrity Cricket League. He took part in all six seasons of the league and was a member of the Karnataka Bulldozers team.
Dhruv’s first movie was named in the Guinness Book of Records and Limca Book of Records for featuring a speech and deaf person in the lead role.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 18, 2019
Get-hooked February 8, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019