School for special needs children in Tamil Nadu is making a difference
August 27, 2017
Nanjil Oasis Happy Centre for Mentally Retarded Children is the name of a school in Nagercoil in Tamil Nadu.
The school takes care of children with special needs and helps them develop.
The students are trained in various activities like vocational training, packaging skills and more apart from formal studies.
Most of the teachers at the centre are parents of the children and have been trained in giving care.
The school is open throughout the week and takes no fixed fee from the parents as most members are from financially weak families.
The children at the centre have mental disorders like cerebral palsy and autism.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News