School for special needs children in Tamil Nadu is making a difference
August 27, 2017
Nanjil Oasis Happy Centre for Mentally Retarded Children is the name of a school in Nagercoil in Tamil Nadu.
The school takes care of children with special needs and helps them develop.
The students are trained in various activities like vocational training, packaging skills and more apart from formal studies.
Most of the teachers at the centre are parents of the children and have been trained in giving care.
The school is open throughout the week and takes no fixed fee from the parents as most members are from financially weak families.
The children at the centre have mental disorders like cerebral palsy and autism.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 26, 2019 Coaching Classes for Visually Impaired Students
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 At this Chennai grocery shop, people with autism show their skills at customer service
- Get-hooked June 20, 2019 Nandavanam centre is changing lives of disabled kids with a blend of tradition & compassion
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Headlines June 26, 2019 11 arrested in Jharkhand lynching case
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Encephalitis deaths rise across Bihar, M.P under alert
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News