Gurdwaras in Punjab to be used to educate deaf kids
October 6, 2017
The All India Pingalwara Charitable Society in Amritsar plans to ask local gurdwaras to educate deaf children.
Managements of these local gurdwaras will allow the Pingalwara Society to hold classes in sign language in the gurdwaras. This is because there are no professional schools for deaf children in Punjab.
Every village has three to four gurdwaras and one room here will be dedicated to these classes. Trained teachers from the charity will teach sign language.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 United Kingdom government grants visa to blind Indian musicians, reverses earlier order
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Events June 26, 2019 Morning of Fun
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Deaf Entertainment is bringing the magic of movies to new audiences
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Introduction of a wheelchair ramp might not be just what disability rights groups in Chennai asked for
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News