Website development firm that employs only the deaf
October 15, 2017
39-year-old Aqil Chinoy is the founder and CEO of Inspiralive, a website development firm in Mumbai that employs deaf professionals from various fields in Mumbai.
Chinoy, who is also deaf, studied at Gallaudet University, the only university for the hearing-impaired in the United States. Here, he has a chance to see the opportunities lacking in India. After finishing his studies, he came back to India.
He wanted to change the conditions and make an impact in the lives of the hearing-impaired. Along with his brother, Bilal, who is also disabled, he makes websites, logos, advertisements for non-profit organizations and companies working with the deaf. In 2014, he launched Inspiralive.
Most of the money earned by Inspiralive is given as charitable contributions to the hearing impaired, orphans and the poor. Today Inspiralive has expanded from a team of five hearing-impaired professionals to nine, and is looking to blossom into a 15-member team. Inspiralive has worked with several organisations that work on initiatives for the deaf in the US and Denmark.
Along with the Mook Badhir Mandal, Association of the Deaf at Vadodara, Inspiralive has developed a dictionary website in Indian Sign Language.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 25, 2019 Tough, but not impossible. - Guest columnist Karthik Chandrashekhar talks about his journey overcoming disability
- Accessibility March 19, 2019 Rising Star Tours & Travels is helping visually impaired people experience the magic of new places
- Headlines March 20, 2019 One CRPF jawan killed, six others injured in naxal attack
- Headlines March 24, 2019 BJP drops Shatrughan Sinha from candidate list
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Rahul Gandhi PM Modi over chowkidaar campaign
- Headlines March 20, 2019 Madhya Pradesh girl raped & killed, uncle & brothers accused
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 Madras High Court increases aid for disabled people under assistance scheme by 25%
- Get-hooked March 24, 2019 Kolkata school for kids with disabilities to stay shut until investigation into drowning death is over
- Events March 20, 2019 Musical Puppet play- The Learning Factory
- Events March 20, 2019 Awareness Session on Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News