Website development firm that employs only the deaf
October 15, 2017
39-year-old Aqil Chinoy is the founder and CEO of Inspiralive, a website development firm in Mumbai that employs deaf professionals from various fields in Mumbai.
Chinoy, who is also deaf, studied at Gallaudet University, the only university for the hearing-impaired in the United States. Here, he has a chance to see the opportunities lacking in India. After finishing his studies, he came back to India.
He wanted to change the conditions and make an impact in the lives of the hearing-impaired. Along with his brother, Bilal, who is also disabled, he makes websites, logos, advertisements for non-profit organizations and companies working with the deaf. In 2014, he launched Inspiralive.
Most of the money earned by Inspiralive is given as charitable contributions to the hearing impaired, orphans and the poor. Today Inspiralive has expanded from a team of five hearing-impaired professionals to nine, and is looking to blossom into a 15-member team. Inspiralive has worked with several organisations that work on initiatives for the deaf in the US and Denmark.
Along with the Mook Badhir Mandal, Association of the Deaf at Vadodara, Inspiralive has developed a dictionary website in Indian Sign Language.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment July 12, 2019 These disabled women are making prosthetic aids that are enabling mobility for others
- Events July 11, 2019 Wilson’s Disease Support Group Meeting
- Education July 10, 2019 Innovative English language skills programme for deaf kids spreads its wings to Sri Lanka
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Kumaraswamy calls for floor test amid political crisis
- Headlines July 15, 2019 England wins 2019 World Cup trophy
- Get-hooked July 12, 2019 A born artist, Mashood believes in living life, king size!
- Accessibility July 11, 2019 Tamil Nadu government fails to introduce special courts, groups demands speedy action
- Get-hooked July 9, 2019 "I choose to focus on what I can do, not on what I can’t" - My Take by Rushabh Desai
- Headlines July 15, 2019 ‘Chandrayaan 2’ launch called off after technical slag
- Events July 11, 2019 Swaradhar - Manthan 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News