Website development firm that employs only the deaf
39-year-old Aqil Chinoy is the founder and CEO of Inspiralive, a website development firm in Mumbai that employs deaf professionals from various fields in Mumbai.
Chinoy, who is also deaf, studied at Gallaudet University, the only university for the hearing-impaired in the United States. Here, he has a chance to see the opportunities lacking in India. After finishing his studies, he came back to India.
He wanted to change the conditions and make an impact in the lives of the hearing-impaired. Along with his brother, Bilal, who is also disabled, he makes websites, logos, advertisements for non-profit organizations and companies working with the deaf. In 2014, he launched Inspiralive.
Most of the money earned by Inspiralive is given as charitable contributions to the hearing impaired, orphans and the poor. Today Inspiralive has expanded from a team of five hearing-impaired professionals to nine, and is looking to blossom into a 15-member team. Inspiralive has worked with several organisations that work on initiatives for the deaf in the US and Denmark.
Along with the Mook Badhir Mandal, Association of the Deaf at Vadodara, Inspiralive has developed a dictionary website in Indian Sign Language.
Watch in Sign Language
- Some common misconceptions about Braille
January 24, 2019
- Some things to avoid when you parent a child with autism
January 23, 2019
- The Headway Foundation's annual Rendezvous promises some exciting announcements
January 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Awareness to access, Cure SMA India speaks up for kids with spinal muscular atrophy
- Events January 20, 2019 Behavior Management Workshop
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Teen prodigy Satvik Sharma expresses himself through incredible works of art
- Get-hooked January 20, 2019 Understanding Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Headlines January 24, 2019 India wins 1st one day against New Zealand
- Get-hooked January 22, 2019 Wheelchair artists in Kerala to stage Chaya, 1st of its kind theatre performance
- Employment January 22, 2019 At India Business Disability Network launch, industry leaders champion workplace inclusion
- Events January 20, 2019 Trinayani's 18th Inclusive Monthly Meetup
- Headlines January 18, 2019 India to face Australia in ODI final today
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Dhoni becomes 4th Indian to record 1,000 one day runs in Australia
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News