Website development firm that employs only the deaf
October 15, 2017
39-year-old Aqil Chinoy is the founder and CEO of Inspiralive, a website development firm in Mumbai that employs deaf professionals from various fields in Mumbai.
Chinoy, who is also deaf, studied at Gallaudet University, the only university for the hearing-impaired in the United States. Here, he has a chance to see the opportunities lacking in India. After finishing his studies, he came back to India.
He wanted to change the conditions and make an impact in the lives of the hearing-impaired. Along with his brother, Bilal, who is also disabled, he makes websites, logos, advertisements for non-profit organizations and companies working with the deaf. In 2014, he launched Inspiralive.
Most of the money earned by Inspiralive is given as charitable contributions to the hearing impaired, orphans and the poor. Today Inspiralive has expanded from a team of five hearing-impaired professionals to nine, and is looking to blossom into a 15-member team. Inspiralive has worked with several organisations that work on initiatives for the deaf in the US and Denmark.
Along with the Mook Badhir Mandal, Association of the Deaf at Vadodara, Inspiralive has developed a dictionary website in Indian Sign Language.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Meet the young adults with autism to get their fingers inked for the first time
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Experts claim music therapy helps enhance critical skills in children with autism
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 Understanding Chronic Pain
- Headlines May 18, 2019 PM says Congress expects to perform badly
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Madras High Court bench slams Medical Council of India guidelines as biased against disabled medical aspirants
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Irfan signs up for Carribean Premier League players draft
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Vivek Oberoi deletes offensive tweet about Aishwarya, apologises
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Delhi Police reacts to Kejriwal’s comment on security
- Parasports May 22, 2019 Para swimmers to battle sharks, icy waters in Catalina Channel, aim for Ocean Seven challenge
- Education May 23, 2019 Hyderabad schools strictly warned not to deny admission to children with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News