Maharashtra governor's residence to become disabled-friendly
Special ramps will be built at the Maharashtra governor's office and residence, the Raj Bhavan, to make the 47-acre Malabar Hill property disabled-friendly.
Governor Vidyasagar Rao said that he decided to do this after listening to one of the episodes of Mann Ki Baat, where Prime Minister Modi spoke about using the term 'divyang’ or divine body, instead of ‘viklang’ or disabled.
The Banquet Hall, Darbar Hall and the Maharashtra State Formation Memorial or Flag Post are the three places at the Raj Bhavan with maximum visitors. The governor’s office is preparing to make these three places disabled-friendly along with the Lower Lawn, where a reception takes place on Republic Day every year.
The visitors include government officials, several delegations and guests.
Watch in Sign Language
- Filmmaker Rustom Irani to explore legal options against Jet Airways for alleged manhandling on flight
November 16, 2018
- Lack of clarity on revised admission norms leaves disabled students & parents groping in the dark
November 15, 2018
- This music teacher's video tutorials are bringing songs alive for people who are deaf & hard of hearing
November 13, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Air India pilot found drunk before flight
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Marvel Comics creator Stan Lee dies at 95
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 "It was like the whole universe came together" - My Take by Ruma Roka, founder, Noida Deaf Society
- Education November 14, 2018 Understanding the Learning Disability - Dyslexia
- Technology November 13, 2018 Engineering student develops app called Myability that speaks out typed text
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Sushmita Sen puts an end to marriage rumours on social media
- Headlines November 16, 2018 School, colleges shut in parts of Tamil Nadu ahead of Cyclone Gaja
- Headlines November 11, 2018 Deepika & Ranveer leave for Italy for wedding next week
- Accessibility November 15, 2018 Lack of clarity on revised admission norms leaves disabled students & parents groping in the dark
- Get-hooked November 11, 2018 Some pre-school activities to improve well-being of disabled children
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News