How India's first disabled DJ turned dreams into reality
Meet 26-year-old Varun Khullar, India's first and the world's second disabled DJ. Delhi-based Khullar met with a major accident while travelling to Manali and was paralyzed.
Khullar said that he never had any negative thoughts and turned his experience to build his passion for DJ-ing.
He did a DJ course from the ILM academy and read books and watched YouTube to gain experience and understanding. He says Paul Johnson, who is the world’s first DJ on a wheelchair, and is determined to make every single day an inspiring one, motivated him.
He wants to send a message to the authorities that disabled people must be given equal rights like everyone. He also believes that the disabled must accept themselves and their condition. He is working on his productions and will start releasing his music soon.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 12, 2019
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News