How India's first disabled DJ turned dreams into reality
September 21, 2017
Meet 26-year-old Varun Khullar, India's first and the world's second disabled DJ. Delhi-based Khullar met with a major accident while travelling to Manali and was paralyzed.
Khullar said that he never had any negative thoughts and turned his experience to build his passion for DJ-ing.
He did a DJ course from the ILM academy and read books and watched YouTube to gain experience and understanding. He says Paul Johnson, who is the world's first DJ on a wheelchair, and is determined to make every single day an inspiring one, motivated him.
He wants to send a message to the authorities that disabled people must be given equal rights like everyone. He also believes that the disabled must accept themselves and their condition. He is working on his productions and will start releasing his music soon.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Accept, Respect, Empower each other - Guest Column by Tapas Bharadwaj
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Employment June 17, 2019 #AutismPower - SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News