How India's first disabled DJ turned dreams into reality
Meet 26-year-old Varun Khullar, India's first and the world's second disabled DJ. Delhi-based Khullar met with a major accident while travelling to Manali and was paralyzed.
Khullar said that he never had any negative thoughts and turned his experience to build his passion for DJ-ing.
He did a DJ course from the ILM academy and read books and watched YouTube to gain experience and understanding. He says Paul Johnson, who is the world’s first DJ on a wheelchair, and is determined to make every single day an inspiring one, motivated him.
He wants to send a message to the authorities that disabled people must be given equal rights like everyone. He also believes that the disabled must accept themselves and their condition. He is working on his productions and will start releasing his music soon.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology December 10, 2018 Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Deaf people are gathering at Delhi's Jantar Mantar for a common cause
- Events December 9, 2018 Mumbai Memory Cafe
- Events December 13, 2018 6th India International Deaf film festival 2019
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Some tips for dating when you have a disability
- Events December 8, 2018 Poetry and Talent Nite at Mitr
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
- Headlines December 11, 2018 RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigns
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 14, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News