Free IIT education announced for SC/ST, Dalit and disabled students
April 10, 2016
A 100% fee waiver for all SC/ST, Dalit and disabled students of the 23 branches of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) has been promised by Smriti Irani. The decision will be made official soon.
Union human resource development minister Smriti Irani was speaking in a BJP foundation day event in Surat where she said that the students whose family income is less than 5 lakh will get 66% concession.
Recently an IIT panel had proposed to increase the annual fee from Rs 90,000 to Rs 3 lakh. This announcement will affect 50% of the 60,471 students studying in IITs.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News