Free IIT education announced for SC/ST, Dalit and disabled students
A 100% fee waiver for all SC/ST, Dalit and disabled students of the 23 branches of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) has been promised by Smriti Irani. The decision will be made official soon.
Union human resource development minister Smriti Irani was speaking in a BJP foundation day event in Surat where she said that the students whose family income is less than 5 lakh will get 66% concession.
Recently an IIT panel had proposed to increase the annual fee from Rs 90,000 to Rs 3 lakh. This announcement will affect 50% of the 60,471 students studying in IITs.
Watch in Sign Language
- Make classrooms friendly for children with ADHD
November 15, 2018
- Understanding the Learning Disability - Dyslexia
November 14, 2018
- MBBS entrance exam brochure makes no mention of modified rules for disabled candidates
November 2, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Multiple Disabilities
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Accessibility November 18, 2018 MCI moves towards public consultation on on amendments to disability rules for MBBS students
- Headlines November 16, 2018 School, colleges shut in parts of Tamil Nadu ahead of Cyclone Gaja
- Parasports November 15, 2018 Mumbai to play host to second wheelchair basketball camp in November
- Parasports November 16, 2018 Help blind athletes achieve their best by funding sighted guides, says blind Paralympian Ankur Dhama
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 Unni Maxx talks about his vacation at the paradise of South Africa
- Get-hooked November 18, 2018 5 things you must know about wheelchair users
- Accessibility November 18, 2018 Iconic film Sholay to be screened with audio description at IFFI 2018
- Accessibility November 16, 2018 Filmmaker Rustom Irani to explore legal options against Jet Airways for alleged manhandling on flight
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News