Saarthak Educational Trust - helping thousands of disabled find jobs
October 13, 2017
Dr Jitender Aggarwal, a dentist, became blind in 2004 due to macular degeneration. After losing his sight, he realized the difficulties faced by the disabled in terms of opportunities.
He got trained to use screen readers, which are software programs that allow the blind to read text on computer screens. He then started a centre in Delhi called Saarthak Educational Trust where the disabled get trained to find good jobs.
Today his services are available in 21 states with six centres throughout India.
Saarthak has successfully placed 7,250 persons with disabilities in various fields across retail, BPOs, IT and hospitality, through all its centers in Chandigarh, Delhi, Gurgaon, Jaipur, Ludhiana, Mumbai and Lucknow.
Its Mumbai centre also trains over 80 students with various disabilities belonging to Below Poverty Line and middle-class families from around Mumbai, without charging them a rupee. The employability training program lasts for three months.
In the last 15 days of training, students are taught about the do's and don't's at their place of work and counselled. Saarthak has over 300 hiring partners across India, and the centres line up interviews for students. Once they get selected and start working, a rigorous six-month follow-up is maintained.
To contact Saarthak Educational Trust, click here - http://www.sarthakindia.org.
Watch in Sign Language
- Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
June 16, 2019
- #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
June 13, 2019
- Kidsville Educational Academy offers a shoulder to children with disabilities, & families too
June 10, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News