Saarthak Educational Trust - helping thousands of disabled find jobs
Dr Jitender Aggarwal, a dentist, became blind in 2004 due to macular degeneration. After losing his sight, he realized the difficulties faced by the disabled in terms of opportunities.
He got trained to use screen readers, which are software programs that allow the blind to read text on computer screens. He then started a centre in Delhi called Saarthak Educational Trust where the disabled get trained to find good jobs.
Today his services are available in 21 states with six centres throughout India.
Saarthak has successfully placed 7,250 persons with disabilities in various fields across retail, BPOs, IT and hospitality, through all its centers in Chandigarh, Delhi, Gurgaon, Jaipur, Ludhiana, Mumbai and Lucknow.
Its Mumbai centre also trains over 80 students with various disabilities belonging to Below Poverty Line and middle-class families from around Mumbai, without charging them a rupee. The employability training program lasts for three months.
In the last 15 days of training, students are taught about the do’s and don’t’s at their place of work and counselled. Saarthak has over 300 hiring partners across India, and the centres line up interviews for students. Once they get selected and start working, a rigorous six-month follow-up is maintained.
To contact Saarthak Educational Trust, click here - http://www.sarthakindia.org.
Watch in Sign Language
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
- No clarity on final guidelines for medical entrance test, disabled aspirants still in the dark
January 30, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019