Challenges faced by travelers with disabilities
Travelling is the best way to learn about our world and surroundings. However, it is not always easy to travel everywhere for people with disabilities.
Here are a few challenges faced by the disabled when they travel.
Getting the right bag or backpack to carry your stuff is the first challenge. The bag needs to be big enough for all the stuff and yet should be easily manageable. A bag with wheels would be the right choice.Finding places to stay that are wheelchair-friendly and also suitable for other disabilities as well. It is better to find info about hotels before the trip starts.
Carrying stuff can become an issue for people with one working limb.
Disabled friendly activities can be too easy and make the PwDs feel uncomfortable and underestimated.
Getting to know fellow travelers and doing stuff with them can be tough for disabled travelers.
Trying out the food at a new place may not always be an option for disabled people.
Despite the challenges, there are lot of good things that can be considered. Checking out new places is cool and should be tried.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Rohit Sharma becomes 1st Indian to hit 100 sixes
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Parasports February 9, 2019 Aspiring wheelchair cricketers in Karnataka, here is your chance to shine
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019