Challenges faced by travelers with disabilities
August 13, 2017
Travelling is the best way to learn about our world and surroundings. However, it is not always easy to travel everywhere for people with disabilities.
Here are a few challenges faced by the disabled when they travel.
Getting the right bag or backpack to carry your stuff is the first challenge. The bag needs to be big enough for all the stuff and yet should be easily manageable. A bag with wheels would be the right choice.Finding places to stay that are wheelchair-friendly and also suitable for other disabilities as well. It is better to find info about hotels before the trip starts.
Carrying stuff can become an issue for people with one working limb.
Disabled friendly activities can be too easy and make the PwDs feel uncomfortable and underestimated.
Getting to know fellow travelers and doing stuff with them can be tough for disabled travelers.
Trying out the food at a new place may not always be an option for disabled people.
Despite the challenges, there are lot of good things that can be considered. Checking out new places is cool and should be tried.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News