Conference on the Issue of Accessibility for Persons with Disabilities in India
The structure of the Conference is still very fluid but will include three panel discussions/sessions of 60 minutes each on the issue of 'accessibility' covering the Built Environment; ICTs; and Transport, Services and Aids & Appliances which will then be followed by the Presentation Ceremony for The 8th NCPEDP - Mphasis Universal Design Awards 2017. Experts from each of the 5 fields that the Awards cover will address the audience after which the floor will be open for Q&As.
The Conference will aim to address the knowledge gap by understanding the issue of accessibility and where India stands today with respect to the same, the importance of Universal Design, the various challenges, gaps and opportunities, the (non)availability of tools and capacities required to fulfil the shortcomings, identifying stakeholders and how technology can help bridge the gap, the opportunities present within the government/public sector and the business case and value addition for the private sector, the global mandate and most importantly, the importance of the right legislations (what the new law provides) and procurement policies, guidelines and standards required to pave the road ahead for the vision for an 'Accessible India' to become a reality.
- Starts on: Monday, 14 Aug 2017 at 09:30 AM
- Ends on: Monday, 14 Aug 2017 at 12:00 AM
- City: New Delhi
- Location: Stein Auditorium, India Habitat Centre
- Event Charges: Free
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
- Sign-Language Interpreter Available: Yes
- Registration Link
- Watch This
- Organizer Name: National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (NCPEDP)
- Organizer Website: http://www.ncpedp.org/The_NCPEDP-Mphasis_Universal_Design_Awards