Deaf Movie Review of The Emoji Movie
A hearing perspective:
The Emoji Movie is an American 3D computer-animated comedy film based on the emoji symbols.
The film is directed by Tony Leondis, produced by Sony Pictures Animation and distributed by Columbia Pictures.
The story introduces Gene, a ‘meh’ emoji that lives in a world of emojis inside a texting app on a teenager’s smartphone.
In the world of emojis, each emoji has only one expression but something is different with Gene.
Gene cannot be ‘meh’ all the time and has the special ability to express different emotions and feelings.
Gene becomes worried when his strange expressive personality comes in the way of his job to work as ‘meh’ in an app.
Gene takes the help of his friends Hi-5 (hand emoji) and Jailbreak (codebreaker emoji) to find the code he needs to become normal like other emojis.
Gene’s search takes the audience through the different apps like gaming app, music streaming app, photo-sharing app, video streaming app, dance app and file-sharing app, which is indeed a visual treat.
The movie ends with Gene realising that he need not change himself to fit in as he is already special in his own way.
The Emoji Movie is a good one-time watch film, especially for kids and creative adults.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019