Deaf Movie Review of The Emoji Movie
August 20, 2017
A hearing perspective:
The Emoji Movie is an American 3D computer-animated comedy film based on the emoji symbols.
The film is directed by Tony Leondis, produced by Sony Pictures Animation and distributed by Columbia Pictures.
The story introduces Gene, a 'meh' emoji that lives in a world of emojis inside a texting app on a teenager's smartphone.
In the world of emojis, each emoji has only one expression but something is different with Gene.
Gene cannot be 'meh' all the time and has the special ability to express different emotions and feelings.
Gene becomes worried when his strange expressive personality comes in the way of his job to work as 'meh' in an app.
Gene takes the help of his friends Hi-5 (hand emoji) and Jailbreak (codebreaker emoji) to find the code he needs to become normal like other emojis.
Gene's search takes the audience through the different apps like gaming app, music streaming app, photo-sharing app, video streaming app, dance app and file-sharing app, which is indeed a visual treat.
The movie ends with Gene realising that he need not change himself to fit in as he is already special in his own way.
The Emoji Movie is a good one-time watch film, especially for kids and creative adults.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Jallianwalah Bagh massacre, people pay tribute
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Headlines April 15, 2019 IPL 2019 RCB wins 1st match
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News