Meet the blind photographers of India
November 13, 2017
India has many talented blind photographers who use their senses of touch, taste, smell and sound to click pictures.
Partho Bhowmick is a photographer and teaches the art of photography to people with vision disabilities. His workshop is titled 'Blind with Camera', where visually impaired students and youth can learn about photography and the visual arts.
One of his talented student is Bhavesh Patel, who chats with people and then captures their looks based on the conversations. Bhavesh is the first and only blind photographer to be hired for a fashion ad shoot in India by Lux.
Another blind photographer is Pranav Lal, a Delhi-based cyber security professional who uses his imagination to capture life.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Parasports June 26, 2019 Ireland win puts para shuttler Pramod Bhagat among contenders for Tokyo Paralympics
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
- Events June 26, 2019 Sign Language Workshop
- Headlines June 24, 2019 India dismissed report on rising religious tensions
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Introduction of a wheelchair ramp might not be just what disability rights groups in Chennai asked for
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Zakker Hussain’s relentless commitment to social work is admired by many people
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News