Meet the blind photographers of India
India has many talented blind photographers who use their senses of touch, taste, smell and sound to click pictures.
Partho Bhowmick is a photographer and teaches the art of photography to people with vision disabilities. His workshop is titled ‘Blind with Camera’, where visually impaired students and youth can learn about photography and the visual arts.
One of his talented student is Bhavesh Patel, who chats with people and then captures their looks based on the conversations. Bhavesh is the first and only blind photographer to be hired for a fashion ad shoot in India by Lux.
Another blind photographer is Pranav Lal, a Delhi-based cyber security professional who uses his imagination to capture life.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Arun Jaitley back in India after treatment
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Impure alcohol kills 82 in U.P, Uttarakhand
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News