Meet the blind photographers of India
India has many talented blind photographers who use their senses of touch, taste, smell and sound to click pictures.
Partho Bhowmick is a photographer and teaches the art of photography to people with vision disabilities. His workshop is titled ‘Blind with Camera’, where visually impaired students and youth can learn about photography and the visual arts.
One of his talented student is Bhavesh Patel, who chats with people and then captures their looks based on the conversations. Bhavesh is the first and only blind photographer to be hired for a fashion ad shoot in India by Lux.
Another blind photographer is Pranav Lal, a Delhi-based cyber security professional who uses his imagination to capture life.
Watch in Sign Language
- Ashok Munne's trips build friendships, promote inclusion & shatter notions about disability
October 24, 2018
- Some tips to help boost self-esteem of a child with autism
October 24, 2018
- Hum-Drum, a participatory musical program for children with disabilities - My Take by Rzhude David
October 23, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 24, 2018 Paytm CEO blackmailed, secretary and husband under arrest
- Events October 22, 2018 Tandav 5.0 Volunteer Meetup #2
- Education October 18, 2018 Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
- Headlines October 22, 2018 Three more women denied entry into Sabarimala
- Parasports October 17, 2018 India's para badminton players show their mettle in the Asian Para Games
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Kerala shutdowns after Sabarimala protests intensifies
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 ALFAA centre for people with autism has a story of remarkable spirit behind it
- Headlines October 22, 2018 Amritsar train tragedy - Organisers go missing, police yet to identify accused
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Leprosy Cured persons
- Accessibility October 24, 2018 Fashion designers wake up to growing demand for accessible style choices
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 21, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News