Uttarakhand blind football team aiming to win 2020 Paralympics
October 8, 2017
The National Institute for Visually handicapped (NIVH) school grounds in Dehradun is where the training of the Uttarakhand football team takes place.
The boys in the team are completely or partially blind and are the national champions.
The Uttarakhand football team for the blind won the All India Invitational Blind Football (IIBF) tournament in Kerala in May.
They defeated seven other teams to win the tournament.
The team has a partially blind goalkeeper although the rules allow for a goalkeeper to be a normal sighted person.
The boys are working hard on their game for upcoming international tournaments and their main aim is to perform well in the 2020 Paralympics.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Maneka Gandhi gets notice from Election Commission
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Share funding details, court tells political parties
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News