Uttarakhand blind football team aiming to win 2020 Paralympics
October 8, 2017
The National Institute for Visually handicapped (NIVH) school grounds in Dehradun is where the training of the Uttarakhand football team takes place.
The boys in the team are completely or partially blind and are the national champions.
The Uttarakhand football team for the blind won the All India Invitational Blind Football (IIBF) tournament in Kerala in May.
They defeated seven other teams to win the tournament.
The team has a partially blind goalkeeper although the rules allow for a goalkeeper to be a normal sighted person.
The boys are working hard on their game for upcoming international tournaments and their main aim is to perform well in the 2020 Paralympics.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 17, 2019 Pakistan opens airspace after 140 days
- Headlines July 20, 2019 Heavy rain alert in Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Odisha
- Events July 16, 2019 Screening of MetaMorphosis
- Headlines July 19, 2019 ‘Chandrayaan 2’ mission rescheduled to 22 July
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Sibaji Panda is bringing Indian sign language to the forefront
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 Skills training programme for people with autism in Ernakulam
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 #RareDiseases - Indian Rett Syndrome Foundation is raising awareness about this genetic brain disorder
- Headlines July 15, 2019 England wins 2019 World Cup trophy
- Education July 20, 2019 Updated MBBS curriculum with disability competencies to come into effect from 1 August, confirms MCI
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 “Stay positive to beat all odds” - My Take by Jomy John Joseph, disability rights activist
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News