Agape Rehabilitation Center in Chennai trains PwDs
August 23, 2017
India has a large number of people who have disabilities. As per data from the World Health Organization, more than 2% of India's population is disabled.
However, the social set up of the country is still not developed enough to talk about disability openly. People tend to avoid talking about disabilities and disabled people.
Various NGOs are working in the field to help disabled people get a chance to live a normal life. Agape Rehabilitation Center in Chennai is a training center which provides computer education to people with disabilities and provides job opportunities to them.
In the past 15 years, the Agape center has given training to more than 250 students.
The students get technical lessons and this also helps them gain confidence and improve their self-esteem.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Archana Palahalli believes in facing odds with a smile
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Dark Pheonix brings alive the magic of Stan Lee's superheroes yet again
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News