Agape Rehabilitation Center in Chennai trains PwDs
India has a large number of people who have disabilities. As per data from the World Health Organization, more than 2% of India’s population is disabled.
However, the social set up of the country is still not developed enough to talk about disability openly. People tend to avoid talking about disabilities and disabled people.
Various NGOs are working in the field to help disabled people get a chance to live a normal life. Agape Rehabilitation Center in Chennai is a training center which provides computer education to people with disabilities and provides job opportunities to them.
In the past 15 years, the Agape center has given training to more than 250 students.
The students get technical lessons and this also helps them gain confidence and improve their self-esteem.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Arun Jaitley back in India after treatment
- Events February 10, 2019 Cerebral Palsy at Bhopal and Varanasi 2019
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News