Researchers develop a robotic sign language interpreter
A team of researchers are developing a low-cost robotic sign language interpreter that can translate text into sign language.
The first version of robot hand called Project Aslan, is mostly 3D printed and has the ability to translate text into finger-spelling gestures.
Finger-spelling gesture means each individual letter is communicated through a separate gesture.
The researchers aim to develop a two-armed robot with an expressive face, body posture and hand gestures so that it can translate text or spoken words into sign language in a better way.
The idea is to solve the communication gap between the hearing and deaf communities.
Watch in Sign Language
- Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
February 17, 2019
- Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
February 14, 2019
- Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
February 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019