Developer creates video games for the blind after daughter loses sight
A developer whose daughter became blind has set up his own games studio to specialize in games that are more accessible for people who have suffered sight loss.
18-year-old Daisy Lloyd lost her sight completely when she was four years old due to eye cancer. Thanks to her dad, she is able to play video games.
Her dad, Selwyn Lloyd set up a company called Audazzle with the aim of making games more accessible for blind and visually impaired people.
One of the games Audazzle has created is a smartphone and tablet-based space shooter called JumpInSauceRS. Players tilt their device to move the spaceship and sound alerts let the user know when the enemy is close.
His daughter acts as chief tester for her dad's games. Though the main audience is blind gamers, the games appeal to non-blind gamers too.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 63 government websites now accessible for disabled people, claims Centre. Not enough, says experts
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Get-hooked February 20, 2019 Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 16, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019