Vindhya: A company that supports the disabled with dignity
February 15, 2016
Vindhya is a company based in Bengaluru that works with many top IT and telecom organizations. It has 1500 employees, all of whom are highly motivated and take pride in meeting their targets. Over 60% of them have a handicap and some are physically challenged while some are vision and hearing impaired. People with borderline cases of autism also work here.
"There are so many such people who need jobs", says Pavithra one of the co-founders of Vindhya. "And we did not want it to be an NGO. It needed to be a profitable venture because it had to be sustainable".
Srinivas, who has been working here for six years used to be a plumber. His forearms were amputated after he got electrocuted on duty. For two years he sat at home, not knowing what he was going to do with his life. Today he works in the office maintenance department at Vindhya and is able to provide for his family.
Vindhya has won many awards, and Pavithra says they plan to expand and become a 5,000 strong company by 2020.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News