Vindhya: A company that supports the disabled with dignity
Vindhya is a company based in Bengaluru that works with many top IT and telecom organizations. It has 1500 employees, all of whom are highly motivated and take pride in meeting their targets. Over 60% of them have a handicap and some are physically challenged while some are vision and hearing impaired. People with borderline cases of autism also work here.
"There are so many such people who need jobs”, says Pavithra one of the co-founders of Vindhya. “And we did not want it to be an NGO. It needed to be a profitable venture because it had to be sustainable".
Srinivas, who has been working here for six years used to be a plumber. His forearms were amputated after he got electrocuted on duty. For two years he sat at home, not knowing what he was going to do with his life. Today he works in the office maintenance department at Vindhya and is able to provide for his family.
Vindhya has won many awards, and Pavithra says they plan to expand and become a 5,000 strong company by 2020.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 18, 2018 India-Australia cricket series to begin on 21 November
- Education November 15, 2018 Make classrooms friendly for children with ADHD
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Multiple Disabilities
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 Some shopping tips for blind people
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Protestors block activist Trupti Desai who was headed to Sabarimala
- Accessibility November 13, 2018 This music teacher's video tutorials are bringing songs alive for people who are deaf & hard of hearing
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Supreme Court to hear review petitions for Sabarimala issue on 22 January
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News