Vindhya: A company that supports the disabled with dignity
Vindhya is a company based in Bengaluru that works with many top IT and telecom organizations. It has 1500 employees, all of whom are highly motivated and take pride in meeting their targets. Over 60% of them have a handicap and some are physically challenged while some are vision and hearing impaired. People with borderline cases of autism also work here.
"There are so many such people who need jobs”, says Pavithra one of the co-founders of Vindhya. “And we did not want it to be an NGO. It needed to be a profitable venture because it had to be sustainable".
Srinivas, who has been working here for six years used to be a plumber. His forearms were amputated after he got electrocuted on duty. For two years he sat at home, not knowing what he was going to do with his life. Today he works in the office maintenance department at Vindhya and is able to provide for his family.
Vindhya has won many awards, and Pavithra says they plan to expand and become a 5,000 strong company by 2020.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Kangana Ranaut lashes out Alia Bhatt
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News