Railways promises to set up toilets for disabled at all stations
The Indian Railways will make sure that every platform in every station will have a disabled-friendly toilet soon.
This was announced by the Director General for the Ministry of Railways at a function organized by the National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled.
Over three hundred major stations have been identified where accessible toilets will be provided. Of this 220 are already covered. There are also ramps at the entry of all stations, and one drinking tap per platform, wheelchairs, lifts and escalators.
Train coaches are also being redesigned. In addition to the 3% reservation, there are a number of relaxations for candidates for persons with disabilities while conducting recruitment examinations for the railways.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events December 17, 2018 Workshop on Concessions and Benefits for Children with Hearing Loss
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh may be announced today
- Parasports December 13, 2018 Wheelchair kabaddi set to make its presence felt in India
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Parasports December 16, 2018 Exciting cricket at 1st triangular blind cricket series for girls
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
- Events December 13, 2018 6th India International Deaf film festival 2019
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Events December 17, 2018 Blind Cricket League
- Headlines December 18, 2018 Cyclone hits Andhra Pradesh causing rains, landslides
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News