Railways promises to set up toilets for disabled at all stations
August 24, 2017
The Indian Railways will make sure that every platform in every station will have a disabled-friendly toilet soon.
This was announced by the Director General for the Ministry of Railways at a function organized by the National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled.
Over three hundred major stations have been identified where accessible toilets will be provided. Of this 220 are already covered. There are also ramps at the entry of all stations, and one drinking tap per platform, wheelchairs, lifts and escalators.
Train coaches are also being redesigned. In addition to the 3% reservation, there are a number of relaxations for candidates for persons with disabilities while conducting recruitment examinations for the railways.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Headlines April 13, 2019 SC to hear Modi biopic case on 15 April
- Headlines April 15, 2019 IPL 2019 RCB wins 1st match
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News