Railways promises to set up toilets for disabled at all stations
The Indian Railways will make sure that every platform in every station will have a disabled-friendly toilet soon.
This was announced by the Director General for the Ministry of Railways at a function organized by the National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled.
Over three hundred major stations have been identified where accessible toilets will be provided. Of this 220 are already covered. There are also ramps at the entry of all stations, and one drinking tap per platform, wheelchairs, lifts and escalators.
Train coaches are also being redesigned. In addition to the 3% reservation, there are a number of relaxations for candidates for persons with disabilities while conducting recruitment examinations for the railways.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 20, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019