Evolving Angels- Book with stories on disability theme
Evolving Angels - A collection of nine stories with a disability theme has been written by V S Anjana. The book contains short stories about issues and challenges faced by people with disabilities.
Anjana has cerebral palsy and she had always wanted to write stories for children.
After she graduated in BA Communicative English, she was not able to get a job. She was then motivated to write the stories.
The stories aim to create awareness about inclusion in the society. The story titled `Football’ is about a group of children who learn sign language to help a friend with hearing and speech impairment.
Another story ‘puzzle’ is about a teacher who finds fun activities for a disabled student to help him feel connected.
The book can be purchased from Amazon India website.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News