Evolving Angels- Book with stories on disability theme
August 25, 2017
Evolving Angels - A collection of nine stories with a disability theme has been written by V S Anjana. The book contains short stories about issues and challenges faced by people with disabilities.
Anjana has cerebral palsy and she had always wanted to write stories for children.
After she graduated in BA Communicative English, she was not able to get a job. She was then motivated to write the stories.
The stories aim to create awareness about inclusion in the society. The story titled `Football' is about a group of children who learn sign language to help a friend with hearing and speech impairment.
Another story 'puzzle' is about a teacher who finds fun activities for a disabled student to help him feel connected.
The book can be purchased from Amazon India website.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Rahul Gandhi firm on quitting as Congress chief
- Technology June 20, 2019 #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Understanding Deafblindness
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News