Evolving Angels- Book with stories on disability theme
August 25, 2017
Evolving Angels - A collection of nine stories with a disability theme has been written by V S Anjana. The book contains short stories about issues and challenges faced by people with disabilities.
Anjana has cerebral palsy and she had always wanted to write stories for children.
After she graduated in BA Communicative English, she was not able to get a job. She was then motivated to write the stories.
The stories aim to create awareness about inclusion in the society. The story titled `Football' is about a group of children who learn sign language to help a friend with hearing and speech impairment.
Another story 'puzzle' is about a teacher who finds fun activities for a disabled student to help him feel connected.
The book can be purchased from Amazon India website.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News