Adopt-a-Para-athelete scheme started in Kolkata
To help para-athletes in India, the Civilian Welfare Foundation in Kolkata has started a scheme called 'Adopt a para-athlete' for a minimum of Rs 1500 a month for one year.
The money provided by an individual or groups will be directly sent to the athletes. The foundation also organized a Walk for Paralympics on 28 August in Kolkata.
To adopt para-athlete, one can contact 9830167177 or 9163308675. The scheme has attracted over 10 sponsorships from various Indians around the world.
In Kolkata, a super speciality hospital has agreed to adopt six para-athletes. These athletes can use the gym facilities, physiotherapy services and sport psychology services.
The program was launched by India's Rio Paralympics swimming team coach Prasanta Karmakar. He hopes that it would improve the confidence of the para-athletes.
India recorded their best performance in the history of the Paralympics when they finished with a total of four medals at the Rio Paralympics last year.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Army jawan arrested in connection with Bulandshahr cop murder
- Technology December 10, 2018 Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Why is Speech Therapy important? Some information
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some useful Information about Angelman Syndrome
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Zomato delivery boy sacked after video goes viral
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports December 16, 2018
Parasports December 13, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018