Adopt-a-Para-athelete scheme started in Kolkata
To help para-athletes in India, the Civilian Welfare Foundation in Kolkata has started a scheme called 'Adopt a para-athlete' for a minimum of Rs 1500 a month for one year.
The money provided by an individual or groups will be directly sent to the athletes. The foundation also organized a Walk for Paralympics on 28 August in Kolkata.
To adopt para-athlete, one can contact 9830167177 or 9163308675. The scheme has attracted over 10 sponsorships from various Indians around the world.
In Kolkata, a super speciality hospital has agreed to adopt six para-athletes. These athletes can use the gym facilities, physiotherapy services and sport psychology services.
The program was launched by India's Rio Paralympics swimming team coach Prasanta Karmakar. He hopes that it would improve the confidence of the para-athletes.
India recorded their best performance in the history of the Paralympics when they finished with a total of four medals at the Rio Paralympics last year.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019