Adopt-a-Para-athelete scheme started in Kolkata
August 29, 2017
To help para-athletes in India, the Civilian Welfare Foundation in Kolkata has started a scheme called 'Adopt a para-athlete' for a minimum of Rs 1500 a month for one year.
The money provided by an individual or groups will be directly sent to the athletes. The foundation also organized a Walk for Paralympics on 28 August in Kolkata.
To adopt para-athlete, one can contact 9830167177 or 9163308675. The scheme has attracted over 10 sponsorships from various Indians around the world.
In Kolkata, a super speciality hospital has agreed to adopt six para-athletes. These athletes can use the gym facilities, physiotherapy services and sport psychology services.
The program was launched by India's Rio Paralympics swimming team coach Prasanta Karmakar. He hopes that it would improve the confidence of the para-athletes.
India recorded their best performance in the history of the Paralympics when they finished with a total of four medals at the Rio Paralympics last year.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology August 15, 2019 'Smart Car Seat for Differently-Abled' gets a thumbs up for innovation & creativity
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats' sensory love notes ease back to school transition for children with autism
- Get-Hooked August 12, 2019 A personal struggle inspired this elderly couple to start Balajothi Centre to empower disabled children
- Headlines August 16, 2019 From 29 October, women can travel for free on Delhi buses
- Events August 14, 2019 Traffic Awareness By Physically Challenged Friends
- Get-Hooked August 11, 2019 Trending stories on Newz Hook Aug 3 – Aug 8
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Deepa Malik wins Khel Ratna
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News