No disabled parking facility at airport in Kerala's capital city
September 23, 2017
Kerala's Thiruvananthapuram airport has many friendly features for the differently-abled, but the disabled drivers say this is not true for the parking facility.
This has become evident after the insult suffered by Paralympic champion Joby Mathew at Nedumbassery airport in Kerala after his taxi was blocked by security personnel for violating the one-way to collect him when he came back after winning a gold medal at the World Dwarf Olympics.
While specific areas have been marked for drop-off and pick-up of disabled passengers at the Thiruvananthapuram airport, no such parking area has been provided for vehicles driven by disabled people.
Ideally there should be reserved parking areas for such drivers close to the terminal building, said experts.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 'Mental hai kya': Sensational & STIGMA MULTIPLIES? - My take by Dr Harish Shetty
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Court order paves way for woman without fingerprints to get Aadhaar card
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News