No disabled parking facility at airport in Kerala's capital city
September 23, 2017
Kerala's Thiruvananthapuram airport has many friendly features for the differently-abled, but the disabled drivers say this is not true for the parking facility.
This has become evident after the insult suffered by Paralympic champion Joby Mathew at Nedumbassery airport in Kerala after his taxi was blocked by security personnel for violating the one-way to collect him when he came back after winning a gold medal at the World Dwarf Olympics.
While specific areas have been marked for drop-off and pick-up of disabled passengers at the Thiruvananthapuram airport, no such parking area has been provided for vehicles driven by disabled people.
Ideally there should be reserved parking areas for such drivers close to the terminal building, said experts.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Finance Minister to present budget on 5 July
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 At this Chennai grocery shop, people with autism show their skills at customer service
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News