This Telangana college student is making history with unique inventions
October 1, 2017
Srinivas, a young college graduate in Telangana is getting a lot of attention for his useful and low cost inventions.
Whether it is a device that allows one to switch on lights and fans just by snapping fingers or clapping, a hearing aid for the deaf or a jacket for women that gives electric shock to molesters, Srinivas' inventions are awe-inspiriting and purposeful.
The life jacket he has invented is designed to give electric shock to anyone who dares touch the wearer. It is, however, wearer-friendly.
There are many hearing aids available in the market for the deaf, but even those who are deaf from birth or have no eardrum can hear with the help of his gadget that works through the teeth. His invention converts sound waves into vibrations that reach the brain through the teeth.
He also has an invention that can control household electric and electronic devices with the help of a cell phone. They can be operated and switched off by pressing the relevant number key on the mobile keypad. The mobile can be operated from any place.
Srinivas lives in a small two-room house, along with his mother and wife. He repairs mobile phones at his home to support his family.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 Strong links between diet & signs of autism, say experts
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News