National Institute of Speech & Hearing introduces diploma in sign language interpretation course
The National Institute of Speech and Hearing has invited applications from students with plus two qualifications for a one-year Diploma in Indian sign language and interpretation course.
The applications can be obtained online through firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 2 September. There are a total number of 15 seats in this course. Preference will be given to graduates and those who are parents or siblings of deaf persons.
The course, affiliated to the Rehabilitation Council of India, aims at generating professional interpreters. This would also be helpful to teachers of the deaf to develop their sign language skills.
The curriculum consists of theory and practical classes in sign language usage, cultural perspectives of the different approaches to deaf education, and interpreting concepts and issues.
Those who apply for the course at NISH should have degree in any subject from any recognized university in India. The candidate should have obtained a minimum of 50% of the aggregate in the plus two examination. The minimum criteria for SC/ST students is 45%.
The candidate should have functional hands and hearing and should have verbal fluency in at least one language.
For admission related queries, candidates can call at 0471-306- 6635.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Supreme Court raps Haryana government for denying disabled students' MBBS admission
- Parasports October 18, 2018 India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 An open letter to Goa Governor, Mridula Sinha - My Take by Monika Kshatriya
- Parasports October 17, 2018 India's para badminton players show their mettle in the Asian Para Games
- Technology October 17, 2018 Regional language dyslexia screening tool, DALI, now available as an app
- Events October 19, 2018 Knowledge sharing Open Session On Career Planning by BGFI
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Air quality in Delhi dips to very poor, emergency meeting held
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Education October 20, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News