Uber India to offer life, disability, medical insurance to driver partners
Uber is set to roll out an insurance programme for over 4.5 lakh of its driver-partners in India in partnership with ICICI Lombard General Insurance.
The programme will be given for free to driver-partners aged 18-65 years. The insurance offered will cover accidental death and disability, hospitalization and outpatient medical treatment in case of an accident while the driver-partner is using the Uber app.
The coverage includes Rs 5 lakh in the event of death, up to Rs 5 lakh for permanent disability, up to Rs 2 lakh in the event of hospitalisation, with a sub-limit of up to Rs 50,000 for outpatient treatment.
Uber has also partnered with AISECT to pilot a programme to create Whatsapp-enabled modules to teach drivers basic English conversational skills to help them improve their ratings on the platform.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Sports are ideal for children with autism. Here is how.
- Events January 21, 2019 Agra Deaf Enable Society- Republic Day Event
- Get-hooked January 16, 2019 Reach Out camps are enabling disabled people to experience the magic of yoga
- Get-hooked January 16, 2019 Buddhi residential school empowers children with Down syndrome in Bengaluru
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Amputee Mayur Dumasia's 5-state cycling expedition is an inspiration to all
- Headlines January 19, 2019 India wins one day series in Australia
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Awareness to access, Cure SMA India speaks up for kids with spinal muscular atrophy
- Headlines January 22, 2019 WhatsApp sets limit on forwarding messages to stop spread of rumors
- Employment January 17, 2019 How to make the workplace suitable for people with disabilities
- Accessibility January 20, 2019 Get set for #Sabkeliye, India's biggest & boldest accessible shopping initiative ever
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked January 14, 2019
Get-hooked January 19, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News