Uber India to offer life, disability, medical insurance to driver partners
September 1, 2017
Uber is set to roll out an insurance programme for over 4.5 lakh of its driver-partners in India in partnership with ICICI Lombard General Insurance.
The programme will be given for free to driver-partners aged 18-65 years. The insurance offered will cover accidental death and disability, hospitalization and outpatient medical treatment in case of an accident while the driver-partner is using the Uber app.
The coverage includes Rs 5 lakh in the event of death, up to Rs 5 lakh for permanent disability, up to Rs 2 lakh in the event of hospitalisation, with a sub-limit of up to Rs 50,000 for outpatient treatment.
Uber has also partnered with AISECT to pilot a programme to create Whatsapp-enabled modules to teach drivers basic English conversational skills to help them improve their ratings on the platform.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 17, 2019 PM promises to build statue of reformer Vidyasagar
- Accessibility May 20, 2019 Goa election officials, NGOs come together to conduct accessibility audit of polling booths
- Education May 17, 2019 'Kannada Pustaka' open online library is empowering thousands of visually impaired students
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Virat is 1st cricketer with 100 million fans on social media
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 #BeingMom - From anxiety to empowerment, the journey of Latha Venkatesan
- Parasports May 22, 2019 Para swimmers to battle sharks, icy waters in Catalina Channel, aim for Ocean Seven challenge
- Headlines May 16, 2019 CRPF bans jawans from playing PUBG game
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 'Follow your heart, not your brain to find success' - Guest column by Neelu Jindal
- Headlines May 19, 2019 PM Modi responds to title of 'Divider in Chief'
- Employment May 16, 2019 Umbrella By Differently Abled empowers people with spinal cord injuries
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News