Uber India to offer life, disability, medical insurance to driver partners
September 1, 2017
Uber is set to roll out an insurance programme for over 4.5 lakh of its driver-partners in India in partnership with ICICI Lombard General Insurance.
The programme will be given for free to driver-partners aged 18-65 years. The insurance offered will cover accidental death and disability, hospitalization and outpatient medical treatment in case of an accident while the driver-partner is using the Uber app.
The coverage includes Rs 5 lakh in the event of death, up to Rs 5 lakh for permanent disability, up to Rs 2 lakh in the event of hospitalisation, with a sub-limit of up to Rs 50,000 for outpatient treatment.
Uber has also partnered with AISECT to pilot a programme to create Whatsapp-enabled modules to teach drivers basic English conversational skills to help them improve their ratings on the platform.
Watch in Sign Language
- Differences in viewpoints must be respected. - Guest Column by Tapas Bharadwaj
August 26, 2019
- Entrepreneur Prateeek Khandelwal’s accessibility campaign #RampMyCity spreads wings across India
August 26, 2019
- Blind student in Delhi threatened & robbed, Delhi Police slammed for failure to respond
August 25, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Kamal Nath’s nephew arrested for fraud
- Headlines August 25, 2019 Narendra Modi conferred with UAE’s highest civilian honour
- Accessibility August 22, 2019 Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
- Headlines August 23, 2019 Amazon forest burns at record rate
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Sabke Liye initiative wins Future Retail Limited national disability award
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Security hiked for Indian cricket team
- Accessibility August 23, 2019 Disabled people push for need of accessible & disabled-friendly Indian Railways
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Indian para athletes hold the flag high at 2019 World Para Athletics Grand Prix
- Headlines August 25, 2019 Don't demonise PM Modi, say senior Congress leaders
- Technology August 21, 2019 #InclusionChamps: Bleetech’s human-centric approach wins them Universal Design Award 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News