Uber India to offer life, disability, medical insurance to driver partners
September 1, 2017
Uber is set to roll out an insurance programme for over 4.5 lakh of its driver-partners in India in partnership with ICICI Lombard General Insurance.
The programme will be given for free to driver-partners aged 18-65 years. The insurance offered will cover accidental death and disability, hospitalization and outpatient medical treatment in case of an accident while the driver-partner is using the Uber app.
The coverage includes Rs 5 lakh in the event of death, up to Rs 5 lakh for permanent disability, up to Rs 2 lakh in the event of hospitalisation, with a sub-limit of up to Rs 50,000 for outpatient treatment.
Uber has also partnered with AISECT to pilot a programme to create Whatsapp-enabled modules to teach drivers basic English conversational skills to help them improve their ratings on the platform.
Watch in Sign Language
- "We all have a Javed Abidi inside us": Shameer Rishad talks about the Javed Abidi Foundation
March 20, 2019
- Madras High Court increases aid for disabled people under assistance scheme by 25%
March 20, 2019
- Child prodigy Joshua Beckford proves disability need not be a roadblock to your dreams
March 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines March 20, 2019 PM Modi’s biopic to release on 5 April
- Get-hooked March 14, 2019 Learn valuable self-defense techniques at this session for disabled women in Mumbai
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Anil Ambani pays dues, avoids jail term
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 Madras High Court increases aid for disabled people under assistance scheme by 25%
- Accessibility March 15, 2019 Election Commission's voter helpline 1950 proves to be a letdown for disabled community in Chennai
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Rahul Gandhi PM Modi over chowkidaar campaign
- Events March 20, 2019 Parent Interaction With Jo Chopra
- Headlines March 16, 2019 Mumbai bridge collapse - Families demand answers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News