Deaf movie review of The Dark Tower
September 9, 2017
A hearing perspective:
The Dark Tower is an American science fantasy action adventure film directed and co-written by Nikolaj Arcel. It is the continuation of Stephen King's novel series of the same name.
The movie features Idris Elba as Roland Deschain, the last gunslinger on a journey to protect the Dark Tower - a mythical structure which holds the universe together, while Matthew McConaughey plays his opponent Walter o'Dim - the Man in Black, and Tom Taylor features as Jake Chambers, a New York boy with special powers.
11 years old Jake Chambers visualizes in his dreams a Man in Black who wants to destroy a Tower and end the world, and a Gunslinger who fights with him.
Jake's mother, stepfather, and psychiatrists convince Jake that these dreams are related with his emotional disturbance due to his father's death some years back.
A group of workers from an alleged psychiatric facility offer to treat and counsel Jake. However, Jake recognizes them as monsters wearing human skin and escapes from the location.
Jake runs away from his house to find an old house from one of his dreams and discovers a technology that allows him to travel to a different world called Mid-World.
The way Jake and Roland come together in the Mid-World to stop Walter from destroying reality forms the main part of the story.
The Dark Tower movie is worth a one-time watch for its unique plot, good acting performances, fast-paced action and gun scenes and awesome graphics work.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 24, 2019 Kolkata school for kids with disabilities to stay shut until investigation into drowning death is over
- Events March 20, 2019 4th National Blind Football Tournament
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Anil Ambani pays dues, avoids jail term
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Nearly a month after Sambuddha Ghosh's death, family struggles for answers
- Accessibility March 25, 2019 PGIMER Chandigarh agrees to implement RPWD Act in 2019 prospectus for postgraduate medical students
- Headlines March 23, 2019 Jet Airways pilots’ refuse to fly if salaries not cleared by 31 March
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Parikkar given state funeral with military honours
- Headlines March 25, 2019 Death toll from Cyclone Idai in South Africa rises
- Headlines March 24, 2019 PM Modi wishes Imran Khan on Pakistan’s National Day
- Events March 20, 2019 Run 4 Autism Marathon- More details to come
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News