Deaf movie review of The Dark Tower
A hearing perspective:
The Dark Tower is an American science fantasy action adventure film directed and co-written by Nikolaj Arcel. It is the continuation of Stephen King's novel series of the same name.
The movie features Idris Elba as Roland Deschain, the last gunslinger on a journey to protect the Dark Tower – a mythical structure which holds the universe together, while Matthew McConaughey plays his opponent Walter o'Dim - the Man in Black, and Tom Taylor features as Jake Chambers, a New York boy with special powers.
11 years old Jake Chambers visualizes in his dreams a Man in Black who wants to destroy a Tower and end the world, and a Gunslinger who fights with him.
Jake's mother, stepfather, and psychiatrists convince Jake that these dreams are related with his emotional disturbance due to his father’s death some years back.
A group of workers from an alleged psychiatric facility offer to treat and counsel Jake. However, Jake recognizes them as monsters wearing human skin and escapes from the location.
Jake runs away from his house to find an old house from one of his dreams and discovers a technology that allows him to travel to a different world called Mid-World.
The way Jake and Roland come together in the Mid-World to stop Walter from destroying reality forms the main part of the story.
The Dark Tower movie is worth a one-time watch for its unique plot, good acting performances, fast-paced action and gun scenes and awesome graphics work.
Watch in Sign Language
- Prince Durairaj is on a mission to spread awareness on child sexual abuse
November 15, 2018
- Prayatna Counselling & Early Intervention Centre is on the journey of making a positive change
November 15, 2018
- First ever scientific study establishes the magical link between music & autism
November 14, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility November 12, 2018 I want to make a mobile app accessible to visually impaired! Really? - Guest column by Shilpi Kapoor, Founder, Barrier Break
- Get-hooked November 8, 2018 The story behind India's 1st inclusive expedition to Kilimanjaro
- Education November 14, 2018 Understanding the Learning Disability - Dyslexia
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prince Durairaj is on a mission to spread awareness on child sexual abuse
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 Unni Maxx talks about his vacation at the paradise of South Africa
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Cyclonic storm lashes coasts of Tamil Nadu, south Andhra
- Headlines November 9, 2018 Virat Kohli apologises after getting trolled for 'Leave India' comment to fan
- Get-hooked November 12, 2018 Inclusive trek near Bengaluru brings visually impaired & sighted people together
- Get-hooked November 10, 2018 Abhaya Care Foundation lends a helping hand to children with disabilities
- Get-hooked November 8, 2018 Miss Deaf Asia Nishtha Dudeja credits her win to a fighting spirit, a Newz Hook exclusive
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 10, 2018