Deaf movie review of The Dark Tower
September 9, 2017
A hearing perspective:
The Dark Tower is an American science fantasy action adventure film directed and co-written by Nikolaj Arcel. It is the continuation of Stephen King's novel series of the same name.
The movie features Idris Elba as Roland Deschain, the last gunslinger on a journey to protect the Dark Tower - a mythical structure which holds the universe together, while Matthew McConaughey plays his opponent Walter o'Dim - the Man in Black, and Tom Taylor features as Jake Chambers, a New York boy with special powers.
11 years old Jake Chambers visualizes in his dreams a Man in Black who wants to destroy a Tower and end the world, and a Gunslinger who fights with him.
Jake's mother, stepfather, and psychiatrists convince Jake that these dreams are related with his emotional disturbance due to his father's death some years back.
A group of workers from an alleged psychiatric facility offer to treat and counsel Jake. However, Jake recognizes them as monsters wearing human skin and escapes from the location.
Jake runs away from his house to find an old house from one of his dreams and discovers a technology that allows him to travel to a different world called Mid-World.
The way Jake and Roland come together in the Mid-World to stop Walter from destroying reality forms the main part of the story.
The Dark Tower movie is worth a one-time watch for its unique plot, good acting performances, fast-paced action and gun scenes and awesome graphics work.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Huge turnout for #MenToo protests held in Delhi
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 'We have only one life, so live it to the fullest' - My Take by Krishnakumar PS
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 #BeingMom - Behind swimming champ Ankita Anvikar's success story is mom Anjali
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Mamata's nephew sends defamation notice to PM
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 From working for underprivileged kids to disability rights advocacy, Diksha wears many hats
- Headlines May 23, 2019 NaMo all the way, BJP-led alliance returns with thumping majority
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 #BeingMom - From anxiety to empowerment, the journey of Latha Venkatesan
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Madras High Court bench slams Medical Council of India guidelines as biased against disabled medical aspirants
- Parasports May 20, 2019 Passion for sports keeps Amresh's spirits up through the worst of times
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News