Meet India's champion female blade runner - Kiran Kanojia
In 2011, Kiran Kanojia, an Infosys employee, lost her legs while fighting off robbers on a train.
Two boys tried to snatch her bag and when she tried to defend herself, they pushed her out of the train. That has not stopped her. Today she is a champion blade runner, constantly pushing the limits with marathon after marathon.
After the accident, she moved to Hyderabad for amputation. She tried a prosthetic leg and gradually began to adopt a new way of life.
In 2014, Kiran attempted the Hyderabad Airtel Marathon and won her first medal. Today, at 28, Kiran is a champion blade runner and is invited to Delhi and Mumbai to run and flag off marathons.
Her immediate goal is to participate in the Paralympic Games and make the country proud. When she was depressed, she found her inspiration in Oscar Pistorius’ achievements at the 2012 Paralympic Games.
She was recently been felicitated at the NITI Aayog Women Transforming India Awards, along with 11 other strong women from different walks of life.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Deepika and Ranveer want wedding guests to donate to charity
- Accessibility November 13, 2018 This music teacher's video tutorials are bringing songs alive for people who are deaf & hard of hearing
- Accessibility November 15, 2018 Lack of clarity on revised admission norms leaves disabled students & parents groping in the dark
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 Unni Maxx talks about his vacation at the paradise of South Africa
- Accessibility November 18, 2018 MCI moves towards public consultation on on amendments to disability rules for MBBS students
- Events November 20, 2018 Basic Computer Training Program for Children & Adults with Special Needs
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Marvel Comics creator Stan Lee dies at 95
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked November 13, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News