India's first blind football academy to open in Kerala
Did you know that India's blind footballers rank among the world's top 30 blind football teams?
Blind Football is a paralympic sport, and every year a World Championship is organized by the International Blind Sports Association (IBSA).
Now India will soon have its first Blind Football Academy in Kochi in Kerala. This will provide full-time football and vocational skill training.
The project has been started by the Indian Blind Federation (IBFF) with the Society for Rehabilitation of Visually Challenged (SRVC).
10 blind footballers from across the country have already been selected by IBFF who will be moving to Kerala. The football academy will also provide free accommodation for the sportsmen.
The academy’s team is made up of two permanent training staff and one physiotherapist. There is also a gym trainer, a yoga trainer and a nutritionist.
The academy will be launched on 15 September. IBFF also organises many activities and awareness games across the country.
You can reach out to IBFF at email@example.com or call on 9447132363.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
- Events February 21, 2019 Course in Learning Disabilities from Samadhan Goyam
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 Know more about the Race For 7 to mark International Rare Disease Day
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News