India's first blind football academy to open in Kerala
September 3, 2017
Did you know that India's blind footballers rank among the world's top 30 blind football teams?
Blind Football is a paralympic sport, and every year a World Championship is organized by the International Blind Sports Association (IBSA).
Now India will soon have its first Blind Football Academy in Kochi in Kerala. This will provide full-time football and vocational skill training.
The project has been started by the Indian Blind Federation (IBFF) with the Society for Rehabilitation of Visually Challenged (SRVC).
10 blind footballers from across the country have already been selected by IBFF who will be moving to Kerala. The football academy will also provide free accommodation for the sportsmen.
The academy's team is made up of two permanent training staff and one physiotherapist. There is also a gym trainer, a yoga trainer and a nutritionist.
The academy will be launched on 15 September. IBFF also organises many activities and awareness games across the country.
You can reach out to IBFF at email@example.com or call on 9447132363.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 11, 2019 Cell Therapy: A Unique Approach at Treating Cerebral Palsy & GDD
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 #RareDiseases - Organisation for Rare Diseases in India is out to change perceptions
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Karnataka government trust vote on Thursday
- Events July 16, 2019 Trek to Chandratal Baralacha La
- Events July 16, 2019 Swaras and More @ Mitr Cafe
- Headlines July 12, 2019 India celebrates with Dutee Chand
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Disabled people put up remarkable performances at talent show in New Delhi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News