India's first blind football academy to open in Kerala
Did you know that India's blind footballers rank among the world's top 30 blind football teams?
Blind Football is a paralympic sport, and every year a World Championship is organized by the International Blind Sports Association (IBSA).
Now India will soon have its first Blind Football Academy in Kochi in Kerala. This will provide full-time football and vocational skill training.
The project has been started by the Indian Blind Federation (IBFF) with the Society for Rehabilitation of Visually Challenged (SRVC).
10 blind footballers from across the country have already been selected by IBFF who will be moving to Kerala. The football academy will also provide free accommodation for the sportsmen.
The academy’s team is made up of two permanent training staff and one physiotherapist. There is also a gym trainer, a yoga trainer and a nutritionist.
The academy will be launched on 15 September. IBFF also organises many activities and awareness games across the country.
You can reach out to IBFF at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 9447132363.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 18, 2018 Cyclone hits Andhra Pradesh causing rains, landslides
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Senior BJP leader questions choice of new RBI governor, party embarrassed
- Accessibility December 17, 2018 Disabled travellers raise concern over toilets being shut down in railway platforms
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Isha Ambani & Anand Piramal ties the knot at Ambani’s residence in Mumbai
- Events December 13, 2018 DRIVE FOR AUTISM - A TSD CAR RALLY
- Get-hooked December 18, 2018 How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Get set for an explosion of art & culture in accessible forms at the Serendipity Arts Festival
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018