Deaf boy raises funds to buy hearing aids for deaf kids!
Braden Baker was just 10 years old when he was diagnosed as being deaf. He grew up wearing hearing aids, and realized how valuable they were when the family dog destroyed them, twice.
That led him to realize how expensive they were because hearing aids are not covered by insurance. His parents told him he had to become more careful.
Braden started thinking about other deaf kids who are unable to afford such costly devices. So, he started a fundraising page on GoFundMe.
Braden uses his mother’s Facebook page to promote the fundraiser with videos, and has so far raised over US$15,000, which is nearly Rs 11 lakh for his cause.
The money will go towards families who cannot afford hearing aids. The project is called Braden’s Mission.
Braden wants to continue fundraising and act as a link between the project and poor families.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 #LovePossible - Newlyweds Shilpa & Danish Mahajan are setting serious couple goals
- Events February 21, 2019 In- Visible
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Events February 21, 2019 Free Medical Camp
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019