Deaf boy raises funds to buy hearing aids for deaf kids!
Braden Baker was just 10 years old when he was diagnosed as being deaf. He grew up wearing hearing aids, and realized how valuable they were when the family dog destroyed them, twice.
That led him to realize how expensive they were because hearing aids are not covered by insurance. His parents told him he had to become more careful.
Braden started thinking about other deaf kids who are unable to afford such costly devices. So, he started a fundraising page on GoFundMe.
Braden uses his mother’s Facebook page to promote the fundraiser with videos, and has so far raised over US$15,000, which is nearly Rs 11 lakh for his cause.
The money will go towards families who cannot afford hearing aids. The project is called Braden’s Mission.
Braden wants to continue fundraising and act as a link between the project and poor families.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Section 144 extended in Sabarimala till 8 December
- Events December 11, 2018 Annual Party Forum For Autism
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Zomato delivery boy sacked after video goes viral
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 Samarthanam's Bengaluru Walkathon highlights inclusion in digital media
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 4% job reservation for disabled people announced in Goa
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Army jawan arrested in connection with Bulandshahr cop murder
- Headlines December 11, 2018 India celebrates first Test win in Australia in 10 years
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News