Deaf boy raises funds to buy hearing aids for deaf kids!
October 4, 2017
Braden Baker was just 10 years old when he was diagnosed as being deaf. He grew up wearing hearing aids, and realized how valuable they were when the family dog destroyed them, twice.
That led him to realize how expensive they were because hearing aids are not covered by insurance. His parents told him he had to become more careful.
Braden started thinking about other deaf kids who are unable to afford such costly devices. So, he started a fundraising page on GoFundMe.
Braden uses his mother's Facebook page to promote the fundraiser with videos, and has so far raised over US$15,000, which is nearly Rs 11 lakh for his cause.
The money will go towards families who cannot afford hearing aids. The project is called Braden's Mission.
Braden wants to continue fundraising and act as a link between the project and poor families.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Get-hooked April 11, 2019 Visually impaired girls from Ahmedabad chosen to perform the garba at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Share funding details, court tells political parties
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Bus stops in Delhi to get audio facilities, says Delhi Transport Corporation
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable India's deaf community to make an informed choice in this election
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News