Deaf boy raises funds to buy hearing aids for deaf kids!
October 4, 2017
Braden Baker was just 10 years old when he was diagnosed as being deaf. He grew up wearing hearing aids, and realized how valuable they were when the family dog destroyed them, twice.
That led him to realize how expensive they were because hearing aids are not covered by insurance. His parents told him he had to become more careful.
Braden started thinking about other deaf kids who are unable to afford such costly devices. So, he started a fundraising page on GoFundMe.
Braden uses his mother's Facebook page to promote the fundraiser with videos, and has so far raised over US$15,000, which is nearly Rs 11 lakh for his cause.
The money will go towards families who cannot afford hearing aids. The project is called Braden's Mission.
Braden wants to continue fundraising and act as a link between the project and poor families.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Headlines June 25, 2019 RBI Deputy Governor resigns
- Accessibility June 22, 2019 With no hearing test facility at Delhi's Safdarjung Hospital, disabled students miss NEET counselling
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Encephalitis deaths rise across Bihar, M.P under alert
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Driving change in attitudes towards disability in Jammu-Kashmir - My Take by Dildar Ahmad Shapoo
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News