Para-athlete Varun Singh Bhati gets presented with Arjuna Award
Para-athlete Varun Singh Bhati from Noida was presented with the Arjuna Award by President Ram Nath Kovind at the Rashtrapati Bhawan in Delhi recently.
Varun was given the award for his bronze medal wins in both Rio Paralympics last year and the World Para Athletics Championships last month.
Varun said that he had been working hard for the past four years for the Arjuna award and is very happy to receive the award.
Varun Singh Bhati is a Para high jumper from India, who has been affected by Poliomyelitis since a very young age. Varun joined sports during school days and has won many medals at national and international events.
Watch in Sign Language
- "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
February 19, 2019
- Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
February 18, 2019
- Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
February 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 20, 2019 India Premier League season starts 23 March
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Two jets crash ahead of Bengaluru Aero India event, one pilot dies
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News