Para-athlete Varun Singh Bhati gets presented with Arjuna Award
September 5, 2017
Para-athlete Varun Singh Bhati from Noida was presented with the Arjuna Award by President Ram Nath Kovind at the Rashtrapati Bhawan in Delhi recently.
Varun was given the award for his bronze medal wins in both Rio Paralympics last year and the World Para Athletics Championships last month.
Varun said that he had been working hard for the past four years for the Arjuna award and is very happy to receive the award.
Varun Singh Bhati is a Para high jumper from India, who has been affected by Poliomyelitis since a very young age. Varun joined sports during school days and has won many medals at national and international events.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Rahul Gandhi firm on quitting as Congress chief
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Finance Minister to present budget on 5 July
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Nippon Paint launches SAHYOG programme to empower youth with disabilities
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Headlines June 19, 2019 6 jawans injured in terror strike in Pulwama
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News