Para-athlete Varun Singh Bhati gets presented with Arjuna Award
September 5, 2017
Para-athlete Varun Singh Bhati from Noida was presented with the Arjuna Award by President Ram Nath Kovind at the Rashtrapati Bhawan in Delhi recently.
Varun was given the award for his bronze medal wins in both Rio Paralympics last year and the World Para Athletics Championships last month.
Varun said that he had been working hard for the past four years for the Arjuna award and is very happy to receive the award.
Varun Singh Bhati is a Para high jumper from India, who has been affected by Poliomyelitis since a very young age. Varun joined sports during school days and has won many medals at national and international events.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News