An app that may help the disabled shop remotely
September 9, 2017
A clothing outlet based in Pittsburgh in the United States called American Eagle Outfitters has developed an app that is helping people with disabilities enjoy a personalized shopping experience.
Called Beam, the app allows shoppers to look through aisles as sales teams point out different styles of dresses, jeans and shirts, holding them up to the camera. There are two tablets used - one that shows the clothes and the other that the shopper uses to communicate with the sales team.
Beam has been developed by American Eagle and an institute for kids with special needs. The idea is to help people who are physically unable to travel to a store, to virtually travel to a location to shop from their tablet or home computers.
The app is still being tested and will be rolled out in some time.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
June 13, 2019
- Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
June 12, 2019
- #TechThursdays – What makes the DALI app a game changer for students with dyslexia
June 6, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News