An app that may help the disabled shop remotely
A clothing outlet based in Pittsburgh in the United States called American Eagle Outfitters has developed an app that is helping people with disabilities enjoy a personalized shopping experience.
Called Beam, the app allows shoppers to look through aisles as sales teams point out different styles of dresses, jeans and shirts, holding them up to the camera. There are two tablets used - one that shows the clothes and the other that the shopper uses to communicate with the sales team.
Beam has been developed by American Eagle and an institute for kids with special needs. The idea is to help people who are physically unable to travel to a store, to virtually travel to a location to shop from their tablet or home computers.
The app is still being tested and will be rolled out in some time.
Watch in Sign Language
- Artificial Intelligence makes a huge impact in lives of disabled people
November 19, 2018
- Engineering student develops app called Myability that speaks out typed text
November 13, 2018
- Manovue glove opens doors to visually impaired people who do not know Braille
November 12, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 19, 2018 Some tips to boost self-esteem for people with disabilities
- Headlines November 20, 2018 More than 70 protestors arrested for causing violence in Sabarimala
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 What made Stan Lee's superheroes so magical for children with autism
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Mithali Raj is highest T20I run scorer in India, beats Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma
- Get-hooked November 20, 2018 Delhi government move to set up ministry for disabled people meets with cautious response
- Headlines November 21, 2018 Xiaomi to launch Redmi Note 6 Pro in India this week
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prayatna Counselling & Early Intervention Centre is on the journey of making a positive change
- Get-hooked November 19, 2018 Some driving tips for people with disabilities
- Headlines November 18, 2018 Delhi on high alert after threat of terror attack
- Parasports November 15, 2018 Mumbai to play host to second wheelchair basketball camp in November
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018