Top five Bollywood movies with memorable teacher roles
There have been many teachers in Bollywood movies that left a mark on the audiences. Here are the top five movies that showed teachers in memorable roles.
- ‘Sir’ was released in 1993, starring Naseeruddin Shah, Pooja Bhatt and the film is perhaps one of the best about student-teacher relationship.
- ‘Black’ showed the bonding between a blind and deaf girl played by Rani Mukerji and her teacher Amitabh Bachchan who later develops Alzheimer's disease.
- ‘Taare Zameen Par’ depicted the relation between a child with dyslexia and his teacher who helped him grow and develop. Aamir Khan played the art teacher and Darsheel Safari was the dyslexic student.
- 'Chak De! India' is a sports based movie that showed Shah Rukh Khan as the coach of women's hockey team of India. The movie was inspired by real life events and is one of the best sports movie in India.
- ‘Mohabbatein’ was about how teacher changes lives of his students by introducing them to love against the orders of the school’s strict Headmaster. Shah Rukh Khan played the teacher and Amitabh Bachchan played the Headmaster.