2020 Paralympics expected to create social inclusion in Japan
September 25, 2017
Tokyo is getting ready to host the Olympics and Paralympic Games in 2020.
The Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympics and Paralympic Games organized an event titled "3 Years to Go to the Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020" recently.
The aim of the event was to highlight the commitment of Tokyo 2020 Games towards social inclusion.
It is expected that Tokyo 2020 Games will provide a stage to all athletes to deliver their best performance in their respective sports.
A report from the International Paralympic Committee showed that Rio 2016 Paralympics changed the society in Brazil and made it more inclusive.
It is hoped that 2020 Paralympics will have a similar positive impact on the society in Japan.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Black Hole image creator is a media star
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Bus stops in Delhi to get audio facilities, says Delhi Transport Corporation
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Calcutta High Court rules in favour of medical student with mental disorder who was denied admission
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News