2020 Paralympics expected to create social inclusion in Japan
Tokyo is getting ready to host the Olympics and Paralympic Games in 2020.
The Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympics and Paralympic Games organized an event titled “3 Years to Go to the Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020” recently.
The aim of the event was to highlight the commitment of Tokyo 2020 Games towards social inclusion.
It is expected that Tokyo 2020 Games will provide a stage to all athletes to deliver their best performance in their respective sports.
A report from the International Paralympic Committee showed that Rio 2016 Paralympics changed the society in Brazil and made it more inclusive.
It is hoped that 2020 Paralympics will have a similar positive impact on the society in Japan.
Watch in Sign Language
- Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
February 17, 2019
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Understanding Misophonia
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Events February 10, 2019 4th All India Deaf Fine And Craft Festival
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News