2020 Paralympics expected to create social inclusion in Japan
September 25, 2017
Tokyo is getting ready to host the Olympics and Paralympic Games in 2020.
The Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympics and Paralympic Games organized an event titled "3 Years to Go to the Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020" recently.
The aim of the event was to highlight the commitment of Tokyo 2020 Games towards social inclusion.
It is expected that Tokyo 2020 Games will provide a stage to all athletes to deliver their best performance in their respective sports.
A report from the International Paralympic Committee showed that Rio 2016 Paralympics changed the society in Brazil and made it more inclusive.
It is hoped that 2020 Paralympics will have a similar positive impact on the society in Japan.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 20, 2019 Heavy rain alert in Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Odisha
- Get-hooked July 19, 2019 Inclusion Walkathon 2019 aims to spread the message of a world without barriers
- Headlines July 19, 2019 ‘Chandrayaan 2’ mission rescheduled to 22 July
- Headlines July 17, 2019 England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
- Headlines July 18, 2019 Dhoni unlikely for next tour, to be part of transitioning phase
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Disabled people put up remarkable performances at talent show in New Delhi
- Get-hooked July 18, 2019 #RareDiseases - Poor awareness & support among the challenges people with Sturge-Weber syndrome face in India
- Events July 18, 2019 Exclusive Job Fair For Differently Abled
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Dhoni is India’s pride & should stay - India's para cricketers root for the legend
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Kumaraswamy calls for floor test amid political crisis
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News