iPhone features that help with accessibility for the disabled
October 4, 2017
There are many accessibility features that help people with disabilities use an iPhone easily.
Here are some of the hidden features of the iPhone that can be found in settings under the accessibility option.
*Zoom - The zoom feature will enlarge anything on the screen up to five times its normal size. Once enabled, all you need to do is tap on the screen with three fingers. It zooms in on the text to whatever size you need. You can control how large you want the text.
*Magnifying Glass - Use the camera like you are taking a photo then tap on the home button three times. The image on the screen will zoom in close enough to read the tiniest type possible.
*Text To Speech - Whatever is on the screen this feature will read it to you. You can control the pitch and speed of the voice as well.
*Closed Captioning - You can set the size of the type and the font.
*Colours Inverted - This feature is for people who are colorblind or impaired to be able to see only certain colors. It changes or eliminates colors on the home screen as well as in apps such as Facebook.
*Shake To Delete - Just shake the iPhone to remove the last word you typed.
*Change Pronunciation - If Siri doesn't pronounce the name of a friend or street, just tell her - that's not how you say it. Siri will ask for the correct pronunciation and then save it so you don't have to do it again.
*Flash Ring - This is designed for the hearing impaired so that they see someone is calling. The camera's flash blinks whenever someone calls. This works even if the phone's ringer is turned off or the sound is turned down.
These accessibility options are found in settings under the general tab.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
June 13, 2019
- Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
June 12, 2019
- #TechThursdays – What makes the DALI app a game changer for students with dyslexia
June 6, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Maldives confers Modi with highest honour
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News