A New Way of Looking at Autism-Two Day Workshop
HALO - Helping Autism Through Learning and Outreach
'The other song' organizes a workshop on improving academic success and communication skills through Soma Mukhopadhyay's Rapid Prompting Method (RPM) for parents of autistic children and related disorders.
Soma is a teacher and mother from India who developed her trademark Rapid Prompting Method (RPM) to instruct her son Tito who is now a published writer and poet, in spite of his severe autism.
Soma and Tito have been featured on 60 Minutes II, Good Morning America, Scientific American, the New York Times, National Geographic and numerous other media.
She has instructed hundreds of students (youth to adult) with autism and similar disorders at schools and organizations across the world.
The basic components of RPM
· Teaching how to choose and what to choose · Building self-esteem, success and interest · Providing patience and practice for motor skill development
- Starts on: Wednesday, 15 Nov 2017 at 09:00 AM
- Ends on: Thursday, 16 Nov 2017 at 04:00 PM
- City: Mumbai
- Location: 1001, Peninsula Heights, C. D. Burfiwala Marg, Juhu Lane,Andheri (W)
- Event Charges: Paid
- Wheelchair Accessible: No
- Sign-Language Interpreter Available: No
- Registration Link
- Watch This
- Organizer Name: The other song
- Organizer Phone: 022 42616666 / 77383
- Organizer Email: email@example.com
- Organizer Website: http://www.theothersong.com
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Headlines April 15, 2019 IPL 2019 RCB wins 1st match
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News