A New Way of Looking at Autism-Two Day Workshop
HALO - Helping Autism Through Learning and Outreach
‘The other song’ organizes a workshop on improving academic success and communication skills through Soma Mukhopadhyay's Rapid Prompting Method (RPM) for parents of autistic children and related disorders.
Soma is a teacher and mother from India who developed her trademark Rapid Prompting Method (RPM) to instruct her son Tito who is now a published writer and poet, in spite of his severe autism.
Soma and Tito have been featured on 60 Minutes II, Good Morning America, Scientific American, the New York Times, National Geographic and numerous other media.
She has instructed hundreds of students (youth to adult) with autism and similar disorders at schools and organizations across the world.
The basic components of RPM
· Teaching how to choose and what to choose · Building self-esteem, success and interest · Providing patience and practice for motor skill development
- Starts on: Wednesday, 15 Nov 2017 at 09:00 AM
- Ends on: Thursday, 16 Nov 2017 at 04:00 PM
- City: Mumbai
- Location: 1001, Peninsula Heights, C. D. Burfiwala Marg, Juhu Lane,Andheri (W)
- Event Charges: Paid
- Wheelchair Accessible: No
- Sign-Language Interpreter Available: No
- Registration Link
- Watch This
- Organizer Name: The other song
- Organizer Phone: 022 42616666 / 77383
- Organizer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organizer Website: http://www.theothersong.com
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 ‘Punarjani’ gives new lease of life to disabled flood victims in Kerala
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 Know more about the Race For 7 to mark International Rare Disease Day
- Headlines February 20, 2019 India Premier League season starts 23 March
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019