A New Way of Looking at Autism-Two Day Workshop
HALO - Helping Autism Through Learning and Outreach
‘The other song’ organizes a workshop on improving academic success and communication skills through Soma Mukhopadhyay's Rapid Prompting Method (RPM) for parents of autistic children and related disorders.
Soma is a teacher and mother from India who developed her trademark Rapid Prompting Method (RPM) to instruct her son Tito who is now a published writer and poet, in spite of his severe autism.
Soma and Tito have been featured on 60 Minutes II, Good Morning America, Scientific American, the New York Times, National Geographic and numerous other media.
She has instructed hundreds of students (youth to adult) with autism and similar disorders at schools and organizations across the world.
The basic components of RPM
· Teaching how to choose and what to choose · Building self-esteem, success and interest · Providing patience and practice for motor skill development
- Starts on: Wednesday, 15 Nov 2017 at 09:00 AM
- Ends on: Thursday, 16 Nov 2017 at 04:00 PM
- City: Mumbai
- Location: 1001, Peninsula Heights, C. D. Burfiwala Marg, Juhu Lane,Andheri (W)
- Event Charges: Paid
- Wheelchair Accessible: No
- Sign-Language Interpreter Available: No
- Registration Link
- Watch This
- Organizer Name: The other song
- Organizer Phone: 022 42616666 / 77383
- Organizer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organizer Website: http://www.theothersong.com
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Election results from 5 states, massive disappointment for BJP
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
- Headlines December 8, 2018 PM Narendra Modi meets UP Chief Minister on Bulandshahr violence
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Praangan is meeting educational needs of children with disorders
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
- Technology December 10, 2018 Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News