Bengaluru meetup to look at making public transport accessible for the disabled
September 22, 2017
The International Committee of Red Cross will organize the Enable Makeathon in Bengaluru to look at creating affordable assistive solutions for people with disabilities.
Startups, NGOs and other organisations will meet the disabled and try and understand the problems they face in their daily lives. Apart from India, there will be a event in London happening at the same time.
The makeathon will aim to solve issues of people with locomotor disabilities as well as those with visual and physical disabilities. It will also concentrate on gender-specific issues related to disabilities such as access of disabled women to toilets.
The idea is to make existing methods more effective, efficient, and easy. A simple change in existing designs or a mobile app could be looked at to solve the problems at hand.
This will be the second edition of the makeathon. The winners will be funded and guided by a network of experts.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News