Bengaluru meetup to look at making public transport accessible for the disabled
The International Committee of Red Cross will organize the Enable Makeathon in Bengaluru to look at creating affordable assistive solutions for people with disabilities.
Startups, NGOs and other organisations will meet the disabled and try and understand the problems they face in their daily lives. Apart from India, there will be a event in London happening at the same time.
The makeathon will aim to solve issues of people with locomotor disabilities as well as those with visual and physical disabilities. It will also concentrate on gender-specific issues related to disabilities such as access of disabled women to toilets.
The idea is to make existing methods more effective, efficient, and easy. A simple change in existing designs or a mobile app could be looked at to solve the problems at hand.
This will be the second edition of the makeathon. The winners will be funded and guided by a network of experts.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Headlines February 20, 2019 India Premier League season starts 23 March
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 12, 2019
Accessibility February 20, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019