Bengaluru meetup to look at making public transport accessible for the disabled
September 22, 2017
The International Committee of Red Cross will organize the Enable Makeathon in Bengaluru to look at creating affordable assistive solutions for people with disabilities.
Startups, NGOs and other organisations will meet the disabled and try and understand the problems they face in their daily lives. Apart from India, there will be a event in London happening at the same time.
The makeathon will aim to solve issues of people with locomotor disabilities as well as those with visual and physical disabilities. It will also concentrate on gender-specific issues related to disabilities such as access of disabled women to toilets.
The idea is to make existing methods more effective, efficient, and easy. A simple change in existing designs or a mobile app could be looked at to solve the problems at hand.
This will be the second edition of the makeathon. The winners will be funded and guided by a network of experts.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
April 21, 2019
- In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
April 20, 2019
- CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
April 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News