Matchmaking event for deaf and speech impaired in Kerala city
In a rare matchmaking effort, the Palakkad-based Deaf Blind Movement organised a meeting of young men and women from the community and their relatives.
The event was held at the Shikshak Bhavan on Karikkamuri Crossroads in Kochi.
Men and women with hearing and speech impairment communicated with one another using sign language. Those more familiar with technology chatted on video.
This is the fourth such programme organised by the movement in the state of Kerala.
Three such meetings were held in Palakkad earlier in which 12 couples came together in marriage.
When community members were told about the difficulty they faced in finding suitable partners in the Ernakulam region, a meet was held in Kochi.
Watch in Sign Language
- Some driving tips for people with disabilities
November 19, 2018
- Some tips to boost self-esteem for people with disabilities
November 19, 2018
- 5 things you must know about wheelchair users
November 18, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 18, 2018 5 things you must know about wheelchair users
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 Unni Maxx talks about his vacation at the paradise of South Africa
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 First ever scientific study establishes the magical link between music & autism
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Marvel Comics creator Stan Lee dies at 95
- Events November 15, 2018 Convention Against Sexual Assaults on Women with Disabilities
- Headlines November 16, 2018 South African President to be Republic Day chief guest
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Protestors block activist Trupti Desai who was headed to Sabarimala
- Technology November 19, 2018 Artificial Intelligence makes a huge impact in lives of disabled people
- Accessibility November 18, 2018 Iconic film Sholay to be screened with audio description at IFFI 2018
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 Small touches that make love stronger when you date a deaf person
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News