Matchmaking event for deaf and speech impaired in Kerala city
September 21, 2017
In a rare matchmaking effort, the Palakkad-based Deaf Blind Movement organised a meeting of young men and women from the community and their relatives.
The event was held at the Shikshak Bhavan on Karikkamuri Crossroads in Kochi.
Men and women with hearing and speech impairment communicated with one another using sign language. Those more familiar with technology chatted on video.
This is the fourth such programme organised by the movement in the state of Kerala.
Three such meetings were held in Palakkad earlier in which 12 couples came together in marriage.
When community members were told about the difficulty they faced in finding suitable partners in the Ernakulam region, a meet was held in Kochi.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- 14 year old Joel Biju has overcome a disability to finish over 1000 paintings in one year
August 21, 2019
- Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
August 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Kamal Nath’s nephew arrested for fraud
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Death toll rises in monsoon fury at Himachal Pradesh
- Headlines August 18, 2019 ‘Mission Mangal’ gets grand opening at box office
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kuldeep Devendra Rawal wants to be a change maker using the power of music
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 Hydrotherapist Amal Upadhyay is convinced about the healing powers of swimming
- Accessibility August 22, 2019 Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Sabke Liye initiative wins Future Retail Limited national disability award
- Accessibility August 16, 2019 Independence Day honours for Infinity Park, Chennai's largest inclusive park for kids
- Parasports August 21, 2019 Indian para swimmers successfully swim the Catalina Channel, set Asia record
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-Hooked August 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News