Matchmaking event for deaf and speech impaired in Kerala city
September 21, 2017
In a rare matchmaking effort, the Palakkad-based Deaf Blind Movement organised a meeting of young men and women from the community and their relatives.
The event was held at the Shikshak Bhavan on Karikkamuri Crossroads in Kochi.
Men and women with hearing and speech impairment communicated with one another using sign language. Those more familiar with technology chatted on video.
This is the fourth such programme organised by the movement in the state of Kerala.
Three such meetings were held in Palakkad earlier in which 12 couples came together in marriage.
When community members were told about the difficulty they faced in finding suitable partners in the Ernakulam region, a meet was held in Kochi.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports March 24, 2019 Kerala para athletes climb Nainital’s highest peak, aim to inspire youngsters
- Events March 19, 2019 BGFI's session on STEM study - An Inclusive Avenue for the Blind
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Goa CM Manohar Parrikar is no more
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Best practice in early screening for deaf children in Mumbai - A study by The Stephen High School for the Deaf
- Events March 20, 2019 Parent Interaction With Jo Chopra
- Events March 20, 2019 Awareness Session on Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace
- Get-hooked March 24, 2019 Amazon move to remove books spreading misinformation about autism gets a thumbs up
- Events March 20, 2019 Downs syndrome free assessment camp
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Karnataka govt introduces accessibility features for elections, disability groups raise questions
- Headlines March 25, 2019 New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern wins praise for response to terror attack
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News