Matchmaking event for deaf and speech impaired in Kerala city
September 21, 2017
In a rare matchmaking effort, the Palakkad-based Deaf Blind Movement organised a meeting of young men and women from the community and their relatives.
The event was held at the Shikshak Bhavan on Karikkamuri Crossroads in Kochi.
Men and women with hearing and speech impairment communicated with one another using sign language. Those more familiar with technology chatted on video.
This is the fourth such programme organised by the movement in the state of Kerala.
Three such meetings were held in Palakkad earlier in which 12 couples came together in marriage.
When community members were told about the difficulty they faced in finding suitable partners in the Ernakulam region, a meet was held in Kochi.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 18, 2019 PM says Congress expects to perform badly
- Headlines May 24, 2019 Rahul concedes defeat, congratulates PM
- Get-hooked May 25, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 CRPF jawan & Pulwama attack survivor feeds disabled boy in Kashmir, wins hearts
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 'We have only one life, so live it to the fullest' - My Take by Krishnakumar PS
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 #BeingMom - From anxiety to empowerment, the journey of Latha Venkatesan
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Clean chit for Mulayam Singh & son in corruption case
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 'Follow your heart, not your brain to find success' - Guest column by Neelu Jindal
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Virat is 1st cricketer with 100 million fans on social media
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News