Walking competition for senior citizens in Gujarat
The seventh Gujarat state senior citizen fast walk competition will be held on the Raj Mahal Road in Vadodara on 1 October 2017.
The competition will be organised in four categories such as participants over 90 years of age can take part in one kilometre walk while those between 81 to 90 years of age can take part in two kilometres' walk.
Participants in the age group between 71 and 80 years will have to walk three kilometres and those between 60 to 70 years will have to walk five kilometres.
The competition has been started by the Senior Citizen State Athletics Association.
The idea is to encourage elderly people to walk faster and longer to reduce their risk of heart-related diseases and other serious health issues.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility January 18, 2019 Goa Carnival 2019 promises to be wheelchair accessible
- Events January 18, 2019 Inclusive Zumba
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Bengaluru NGOs show a large heart with donations for disabled, homeless people
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Sports are ideal for children with autism. Here is how.
- Headlines January 21, 2019 Kangana threatens to destroy Karni Sena over objections to film
- Events January 18, 2019 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 Inclusion & music come together at this event in Delhi's Hans Raj College
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 Samanvai spreads smiles to lives of disabled people in Hyderabad
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Early intervention in hearing impairments matters. Here's why
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Teen prodigy Satvik Sharma expresses himself through incredible works of art
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News