Walking competition for senior citizens in Gujarat
September 30, 2017
The seventh Gujarat state senior citizen fast walk competition will be held on the Raj Mahal Road in Vadodara on 1 October 2017.
The competition will be organised in four categories such as participants over 90 years of age can take part in one kilometre walk while those between 81 to 90 years of age can take part in two kilometres' walk.
Participants in the age group between 71 and 80 years will have to walk three kilometres and those between 60 to 70 years will have to walk five kilometres.
The competition has been started by the Senior Citizen State Athletics Association.
The idea is to encourage elderly people to walk faster and longer to reduce their risk of heart-related diseases and other serious health issues.
Watch in Sign Language
- Independence Day honours for Infinity Park, Chennai's largest inclusive park for kids
August 16, 2019
- Touch For Health Level 1
August 14, 2019
- Drama for Autism
August 14, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Delhi Public School Bengaluru North brings an inclusive touch to its crowdfunding initiatives
- Get-Hooked August 11, 2019 Understanding High-functioning autism
- Headlines August 16, 2019 Virat Kohli sets new record
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Trending stories on Newz Hook Aug 9 – Aug 16
- Events August 14, 2019 Unity through Performing Arts
- Employment August 11, 2019 These disabled women are making prosthetic aids that are enabling mobility for others
- Get-Hooked August 11, 2019 Trending stories on Newz Hook Aug 3 – Aug 8
- Headlines August 17, 2019 UN Security Council holds meeting about Kashmir
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Inclusive art festival aims to uncover new opportunities for Bengaluru residents
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Tips to lead a healthy lifestyle when you are an amputee
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News