Kerala's Syro Malabar Church creates history, holds first Holy Mass for the deaf
September 23, 2017
Mount St. Thomas in Kakkanad, which is the headquarters of the Syro-Malabar Church in Kerala, held a mass for the deaf and speech impaired.
With this initiative, the Syro Malabar Church hopes other denominations will also follow.
Sister Abhaya, who teaches the deaf and speech impaired as principal in-charge of the St Clare Badhira Vidyalayam in Manickamangalam, was one of the experts who translated the mass into sign language.
Earlier, the St George's Church in Edappally celebrated the first mass with translation by a sign language expert on 5 August.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Zakker Hussain’s relentless commitment to social work is admired by many people
- Events June 26, 2019 Sign Language Workshop
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Encephalitis kills 108 people in Bihar
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 At this Chennai grocery shop, people with autism show their skills at customer service
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News