Kerala's Syro Malabar Church creates history, holds first Holy Mass for the deaf
September 23, 2017
Mount St. Thomas in Kakkanad, which is the headquarters of the Syro-Malabar Church in Kerala, held a mass for the deaf and speech impaired.
With this initiative, the Syro Malabar Church hopes other denominations will also follow.
Sister Abhaya, who teaches the deaf and speech impaired as principal in-charge of the St Clare Badhira Vidyalayam in Manickamangalam, was one of the experts who translated the mass into sign language.
Earlier, the St George's Church in Edappally celebrated the first mass with translation by a sign language expert on 5 August.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News