Kerala's Syro Malabar Church creates history, holds first Holy Mass for the deaf
Mount St. Thomas in Kakkanad, which is the headquarters of the Syro-Malabar Church in Kerala, held a mass for the deaf and speech impaired.
With this initiative, the Syro Malabar Church hopes other denominations will also follow.
Sister Abhaya, who teaches the deaf and speech impaired as principal in-charge of the St Clare Badhira Vidyalayam in Manickamangalam, was one of the experts who translated the mass into sign language.
Earlier, the St George’s Church in Edappally celebrated the first mass with translation by a sign language expert on 5 August.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News