VHAB app helps disabled kids overcome mobility challenges
October 15, 2017
An assistive technology-based application has been developed by Tata Consultancy Services to enable disabled kids overcome locomotive challenges.
Called VHAB, the application is aimed at children who have cerebral palsy and autism. It is related to improving their stability and balance.
1st such app for disabled kids, says TCS
The application combines user interface, sensors, and an analytical engine. With the help of gestures and leap motion sensors, the children's actions can be simulated on screen.
A personalized group of exercises has been created for various kinds of movements for hands, legs, palms and multiple limbs. These exercises are fun and interactive and monitor development.
App analyses kids' progress at every stage
The device makes it possible to view the scores and progress at each level, which will encourage children to attempt the exercises repeatedly. The scores achieved by the children can be used for analyzing the level of improvement.
The technology can also be customized to suit the needs of children with various problems. TCS worked closely with the children of the Adarsh Rehabilitation Centre in Kochi, Kerala, for this social innovation.
TCS provided the Rs 70-lakh technology for free to the Kochi centre. The team is working on the second phase of the device.
In the second version, there will be more exercises for the hands and legs, as well as exercises for the improving of the movement of fingers.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
April 18, 2019
- Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
April 15, 2019
- Developmental disorders can now be diagnosed from home, thanks to this app developed by AIIMS
April 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News