VHAB app helps disabled kids overcome mobility challenges
An assistive technology-based application has been developed by Tata Consultancy Services to enable disabled kids overcome locomotive challenges.
Called VHAB, the application is aimed at children who have cerebral palsy and autism. It is related to improving their stability and balance.
1st such app for disabled kids, says TCS
The application combines user interface, sensors, and an analytical engine. With the help of gestures and leap motion sensors, the children’s actions can be simulated on screen.
A personalized group of exercises has been created for various kinds of movements for hands, legs, palms and multiple limbs. These exercises are fun and interactive and monitor development.
App analyses kids' progress at every stage
The device makes it possible to view the scores and progress at each level, which will encourage children to attempt the exercises repeatedly. The scores achieved by the children can be used for analyzing the level of improvement.
The technology can also be customized to suit the needs of children with various problems. TCS worked closely with the children of the Adarsh Rehabilitation Centre in Kochi, Kerala, for this social innovation.
TCS provided the Rs 70-lakh technology for free to the Kochi centre. The team is working on the second phase of the device.
In the second version, there will be more exercises for the hands and legs, as well as exercises for the improving of the movement of fingers.
Watch in Sign Language
- Microsoft introduces real-time captions and translations to Skype and PowerPoint
December 17, 2018
- Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
December 10, 2018
- Assistive technology makes life simpler for children with learning disabilities
December 5, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 Samarthanam's Bengaluru Walkathon highlights inclusion in digital media
- Parasports December 16, 2018 Exciting cricket at 1st triangular blind cricket series for girls
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Why is Speech Therapy important? Some information
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Senior BJP leader questions choice of new RBI governor, party embarrassed
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Isha Ambani & Anand Piramal ties the knot at Ambani’s residence in Mumbai
- Technology December 17, 2018 Microsoft introduces real-time captions and translations to Skype and PowerPoint
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
- Headlines December 15, 2018 India vs Australia - Decision to drop Jadeja criticised
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018