VHAB app helps disabled kids overcome mobility challenges
October 15, 2017
An assistive technology-based application has been developed by Tata Consultancy Services to enable disabled kids overcome locomotive challenges.
Called VHAB, the application is aimed at children who have cerebral palsy and autism. It is related to improving their stability and balance.
1st such app for disabled kids, says TCS
The application combines user interface, sensors, and an analytical engine. With the help of gestures and leap motion sensors, the children's actions can be simulated on screen.
A personalized group of exercises has been created for various kinds of movements for hands, legs, palms and multiple limbs. These exercises are fun and interactive and monitor development.
App analyses kids' progress at every stage
The device makes it possible to view the scores and progress at each level, which will encourage children to attempt the exercises repeatedly. The scores achieved by the children can be used for analyzing the level of improvement.
The technology can also be customized to suit the needs of children with various problems. TCS worked closely with the children of the Adarsh Rehabilitation Centre in Kochi, Kerala, for this social innovation.
TCS provided the Rs 70-lakh technology for free to the Kochi centre. The team is working on the second phase of the device.
In the second version, there will be more exercises for the hands and legs, as well as exercises for the improving of the movement of fingers.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
June 13, 2019
- Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
June 12, 2019
- #TechThursdays – What makes the DALI app a game changer for students with dyslexia
June 6, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
- Events June 11, 2019 25th World Cardiology Conference
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News