Red Ramp Project's second campaign to focus on accessibility for the blind
The much-appreciated CSR initiative Red Ramp Project by the company H&R Johnson has been focusing on the major challenges faced by the disabled in India.
In its first campaign in 2015, the company had addressed the issue of the disabled not being able to go to public places, especially beaches.
In its second campaign, it has chosen to focus on the blind. Statistically, one out of every three blind people in the world is in India. Yet, little has been done to make the country more accessible to the blind. To watch the film, click on https://youtu.be/7hm_bDjoN7U
H&R Johnson, which is an integrated lifestyle solution company, started manufacturing tactiles on realising that there is a clear purpose for these tiles as they can go a long way in giving back to the society.
Globally, tactiles are used in walkways, footpaths and railway stations to help the blind move about easily and safely, India has yet to use them extensively in public spaces.
The campaign features Adwait Marathe, an established actor, singer and a theatre personality, who is blind since birth. He shows how tactiles help him commute independently in his daily life.
The campaign is about instilling self-confidence in the minds of the blind to be able to move around independently with the support of better infrastructure across the country.
Johnson's Endura Tac Tiles has also been laid down in a number of places across the country. It has been used in majority railway stations in Mumbai such as Bandra and Mumbai Central railway stations, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Kochi Rail Metro projects to provide disabled people easy access across the cities.
To get support for this initiative, H&R Johnson has created a portal www.redrampproject.org to seek support to make public spaces access-friendly for the disabled.
To watch the Red Ramp's first film on accessibility in beaches, click here - https://youtu.be/DytBXoMwZak
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Army jawan arrested in connection with Bulandshahr cop murder
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Deaf people are gathering at Delhi's Jantar Mantar for a common cause
- Headlines December 11, 2018 RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigns
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Election results from 5 states, massive disappointment for BJP
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Singer Mika Singh detained& released in Dubai over sexual harassment allegations
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 Stay healthy & fit in a wheelchair. Here's how
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 What makes them Disability Heroes - World Disability Day Special
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked December 8, 2018