Padmalakshmi thrills with her chess moves at this tournament for the blind
10-year-old Padmalakshmi's moves on the chess board has got everyone talking.
She was the youngest of the 75 participants who took part in the South India Chess Tournament for the blind, organized by Nethrodaya. The event was open to all age groups.
The annual competition that was restricted to players from Tamil Nadu so far has opened up to include players from all southern states this year. The competition has top players like Krishan Gongoli taking part as well.
Padmalakshmi says she decided to take up chess when she saw her brother play the game, and because there were no restrictions.
Special chess sets are used to cater to the blind at the event.
Watch in Sign Language
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
- Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Teen art prodigy Ansh's stunning watercolours show maturity, individuality
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Hailstorm in Noida-Delhi has social media excited
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News