Padmalakshmi thrills with her chess moves at this tournament for the blind
September 20, 2017
10-year-old Padmalakshmi's moves on the chess board has got everyone talking.
She was the youngest of the 75 participants who took part in the South India Chess Tournament for the blind, organized by Nethrodaya. The event was open to all age groups.
The annual competition that was restricted to players from Tamil Nadu so far has opened up to include players from all southern states this year. The competition has top players like Krishan Gongoli taking part as well.
Padmalakshmi says she decided to take up chess when she saw her brother play the game, and because there were no restrictions.
Special chess sets are used to cater to the blind at the event.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News