Katrina Kaif shares Instagram post about need for disabled friendly spaces
September 26, 2017
There are about 39 million blind all over the world. Out of these, about 12 million live in India.
But India is not a disabled friendly country. Braille texts are rare, roads are very unsafe, and we are not even socially inclusive of the blind.
Red Ramp is on a mission to build an inclusive India and Katrina Kaif recently shared a part of their project video on her Instagram account. Kaif praised the campaign and said that it takes small steps to pave the way for a bigger change.
She has also asked people to share the video to start a conversation.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Share funding details, court tells political parties
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Hygiene lessons for children with autism can be made fun, here's how
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News