Katrina Kaif shares Instagram post about need for disabled friendly spaces
September 26, 2017
There are about 39 million blind all over the world. Out of these, about 12 million live in India.
But India is not a disabled friendly country. Braille texts are rare, roads are very unsafe, and we are not even socially inclusive of the blind.
Red Ramp is on a mission to build an inclusive India and Katrina Kaif recently shared a part of their project video on her Instagram account. Kaif praised the campaign and said that it takes small steps to pave the way for a bigger change.
She has also asked people to share the video to start a conversation.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News