Katrina Kaif shares Instagram post about need for disabled friendly spaces
There are about 39 million blind all over the world. Out of these, about 12 million live in India.
But India is not a disabled friendly country. Braille texts are rare, roads are very unsafe, and we are not even socially inclusive of the blind.
Red Ramp is on a mission to build an inclusive India and Katrina Kaif recently shared a part of their project video on her Instagram account. Kaif praised the campaign and said that it takes small steps to pave the way for a bigger change.
She has also asked people to share the video to start a conversation.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Technology February 11, 2019 Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Understanding Misophonia
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Kerala government starts initiatives for inclusive elections
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019