Deaf movie review of Simran - Decent one-time watch!
September 24, 2017
A hearing perspective:
Simran is a Hindi comedy drama film featuring Kangana Ranaut in the lead role and Mark Justice, Sohum Shah, Hiten Kumar, Esha Tewari Pande, Manu Narayan, Aneesha Joshi, Rupinder Nagra and Usha Jerajani in supporting roles.
Directed by Hansal Mehta, the movie is based on the life of Sandeep Kaur, an NRI in the United States who has been convicted of four bank robberies.
The film introduces Praful Patel (Kangana Ranaut) as a young Gujarati girl and a divorcee who works as a housekeeper in the US.
Praful's difficult relationship with her worried father and money-related issues makes her addicted to gambling.
Praful's life changes when she is threatened by a gangster to pay back the money she lost in gambling.
To get rid of the danger, Praful robs money from the banks in the fake name of 'Simran'.
Meanwhile, she also dates Sameer (Sohum Shah), a guy arranged by her parents for her second marriage.
However, life doesn't go as per Praful's plans and she breaks up with Sameer and lands up in the jail.
Best things about the movie are the natural acting performances, creative dialogues and sound storyline.
Not-so interesting parts of the movie are its slow narrative pace and some boring scenes that looked repetitive.
The film is a decent one-time watch for Kangana's fans and movie-goers who love to watch women-centric films.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 19, 2019 BGFI's session on STEM study - An Inclusive Avenue for the Blind
- Headlines March 24, 2019 BJP drops Shatrughan Sinha from candidate list
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Chennai tourist attraction, Elliot’s beach, set to become wheelchair accessible
- Headlines March 21, 2019 All IPL 2019 matches will be played in India
- Headlines March 24, 2019 Jet Airways suspends flights to 13 international routes
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events March 20, 2019 On The Path To Success - My Journey With My Child
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Best practice in early screening for deaf children in Mumbai - A study by The Stephen High School for the Deaf
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 "We all have a Javed Abidi inside us": Shameer Rishad talks about the Javed Abidi Foundation
- Get-hooked March 24, 2019 Amazon move to remove books spreading misinformation about autism gets a thumbs up
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News