Deaf movie review of Simran - Decent one-time watch!
September 24, 2017
A hearing perspective:
Simran is a Hindi comedy drama film featuring Kangana Ranaut in the lead role and Mark Justice, Sohum Shah, Hiten Kumar, Esha Tewari Pande, Manu Narayan, Aneesha Joshi, Rupinder Nagra and Usha Jerajani in supporting roles.
Directed by Hansal Mehta, the movie is based on the life of Sandeep Kaur, an NRI in the United States who has been convicted of four bank robberies.
The film introduces Praful Patel (Kangana Ranaut) as a young Gujarati girl and a divorcee who works as a housekeeper in the US.
Praful's difficult relationship with her worried father and money-related issues makes her addicted to gambling.
Praful's life changes when she is threatened by a gangster to pay back the money she lost in gambling.
To get rid of the danger, Praful robs money from the banks in the fake name of 'Simran'.
Meanwhile, she also dates Sameer (Sohum Shah), a guy arranged by her parents for her second marriage.
However, life doesn't go as per Praful's plans and she breaks up with Sameer and lands up in the jail.
Best things about the movie are the natural acting performances, creative dialogues and sound storyline.
Not-so interesting parts of the movie are its slow narrative pace and some boring scenes that looked repetitive.
The film is a decent one-time watch for Kangana's fans and movie-goers who love to watch women-centric films.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 Understanding Chronic Pain
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Virat is 1st cricketer with 100 million fans on social media
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Hi-tech hearing implants must be followed by rehab programmes say experts
- Accessibility May 20, 2019 Goa election officials, NGOs come together to conduct accessibility audit of polling booths
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 These friends banded together in the aftermath of the Kerala floods to help people with disabilities
- Accessibility May 23, 2019 Curated tours, sign language interpreters planned in Kerala as part of Barrier Free Tourism project
- Headlines May 23, 2019 NaMo all the way, BJP-led alliance returns with thumping majority
- Headlines May 22, 2019 PM Modi pays tribute to Rajiv Gandhi on death anniversary
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Huge turnout for #MenToo protests held in Delhi
- Headlines May 23, 2019 India launches new spy satellite
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News