Deaf movie review of Simran - Decent one-time watch!
A hearing perspective:
Simran is a Hindi comedy drama film featuring Kangana Ranaut in the lead role and Mark Justice, Sohum Shah, Hiten Kumar, Esha Tewari Pande, Manu Narayan, Aneesha Joshi, Rupinder Nagra and Usha Jerajani in supporting roles.
Directed by Hansal Mehta, the movie is based on the life of Sandeep Kaur, an NRI in the United States who has been convicted of four bank robberies.
The film introduces Praful Patel (Kangana Ranaut) as a young Gujarati girl and a divorcee who works as a housekeeper in the US.
Praful's difficult relationship with her worried father and money-related issues makes her addicted to gambling.
Praful's life changes when she is threatened by a gangster to pay back the money she lost in gambling.
To get rid of the danger, Praful robs money from the banks in the fake name of 'Simran'.
Meanwhile, she also dates Sameer (Sohum Shah), a guy arranged by her parents for her second marriage.
However, life doesn't go as per Praful's plans and she breaks up with Sameer and lands up in the jail.
Best things about the movie are the natural acting performances, creative dialogues and sound storyline.
Not-so interesting parts of the movie are its slow narrative pace and some boring scenes that looked repetitive.
The film is a decent one-time watch for Kangana's fans and movie-goers who love to watch women-centric films.
Watch in Sign Language
- Wheelchair artists in Kerala to stage Chaya, 1st of its kind theatre performance
January 22, 2019
- Workshop on children with ADHD, know more
January 22, 2019
- Some things to not tell a disabled person when you meet online
January 21, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 16, 2019 Reach Out camps are enabling disabled people to experience the magic of yoga
- Headlines January 15, 2019 PM Modi tells public to rate government
- Get-hooked January 22, 2019 Workshop on children with ADHD, know more
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 Inclusion & music come together at this event in Delhi's Hans Raj College
- Events January 18, 2019 Inclusive Zumba
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Parenting Disability: Me as an orthpedically challenged child - Guest Column by Payal Kukreja
- Parasports January 22, 2019 “My blade are my wings to fly”- My Take by Sajesh Krishnan, Kerala’s first blade runner
- Technology January 20, 2019 Assistive technologies help children with Down syndrome. Here's how
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Find a life partner at this disability matrimonial event
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Dhoni becomes 4th Indian to record 1,000 one day runs in Australia
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked January 19, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News