Kerala NGO starts online initiative for kids & adults with special needs
Helping Hands Organisation, an NGO based in Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala has started a first-of-its-kind program to helps adults with special needs.
It has started a tele-rehabilitation unit that wants to break the barriers imposed by distances and accessibility. It seeks to address problems of speech and hearing pathology among children and adults through technology, such as Skype.
Using technology to meet needs of disabled at long distance
The idea is to use high speed internet and video calling. The NGO works towards the rehabilitation of underprivileged autistic children. It has also launched a Facebook page to solve problems of people from across the country.
The NGO plans to work with trainers in far off places so that they come to know how the tele-rehabilitation unit works. They will then identify those children and adults who need speech and language therapy, and bring them to the local centre.
The group will be given speech therapy sessions from the NGO centre through Skype.
Contact them at 0471-310 1999 to know more.
Watch in Sign Language
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
- 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
December 15, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Get set for an explosion of art & culture in accessible forms at the Serendipity Arts Festival
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Army jawan arrested in connection with Bulandshahr cop murder
- Events December 13, 2018 6th India International Deaf film festival 2019
- Education December 14, 2018 Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh may be announced today
- Events December 11, 2018 Forging the Assistive Technology value chain
- Parasports December 11, 2018 Protest by Kerala para sportspersons to draw attention to struggle for facilities, funding
- Events December 11, 2018 Annual Party Forum For Autism
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018