Kerala NGO starts online initiative for kids & adults with special needs
November 9, 2017
Helping Hands Organisation, an NGO based in Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala has started a first-of-its-kind program to helps adults with special needs.
It has started a tele-rehabilitation unit that wants to break the barriers imposed by distances and accessibility. It seeks to address problems of speech and hearing pathology among children and adults through technology, such as Skype.
Using technology to meet needs of disabled at long distance
The idea is to use high speed internet and video calling. The NGO works towards the rehabilitation of underprivileged autistic children. It has also launched a Facebook page to solve problems of people from across the country.
The NGO plans to work with trainers in far off places so that they come to know how the tele-rehabilitation unit works. They will then identify those children and adults who need speech and language therapy, and bring them to the local centre.
The group will be given speech therapy sessions from the NGO centre through Skype.
Contact them at 0471-310 1999 to know more.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News