Bengaluru dentist Rajalakshmi all set to make waves at Miss Wheelchair World 2017
There are less than 10 days to go for the Miss Wheelchair World 2017 in Poland to begin. Waiting to make her presence felt on the international stage is Rajalakshmi, a dentist from Bengaluru.
There are two women selected from India for the contest. Rajalakshmi was crowned the winner in the 2014 Miss Wheelchair India contest.
Her positive attitude makes it clear why she is such a winner. Rajalakshmi says that she is lucky to have had two lives in the same lifetime, one as an abled person and the other as a disabled person.
Rajalakshmi lost the strength of her legs in an accident when she was 21 years old. She was always keen on modeling and travelling, as well as becoming a doctor.
She also loves to drive and her car has been customized to suit her needs. She has been to 13 countries so far. She is also an assistant professor at a dental college, and an active voice for the rights of the disabled.
She requests you to cast a vote for her in the below link for Miss Wheelchair World 2017. You can vote once in every 24 hours using the same mail ID.
To vote for her, click on - http://misswheelchairworld.com/en/miss,12,rajalakshmi-sj.html
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 An open letter to Goa Governor, Mridula Sinha - My Take by Monika Kshatriya
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 ALFAA centre for people with autism has a story of remarkable spirit behind it
- Technology October 20, 2018 Microsoft pledge to develop EdTech for dyslexic students has great potential for India
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Sarbojonin in name only, not in practice - Guest column by Arita Acharjee & Annesha Dasgupta
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 High time to bid goodbye to idioms that mock the disabled community
- Parasports October 17, 2018 India's para badminton players show their mettle in the Asian Para Games
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Congress loses majority in Goa as 2 MLAs join BJP
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News