Bengaluru dentist Rajalakshmi all set to make waves at Miss Wheelchair World 2017
There are less than 10 days to go for the Miss Wheelchair World 2017 in Poland to begin. Waiting to make her presence felt on the international stage is Rajalakshmi, a dentist from Bengaluru.
There are two women selected from India for the contest. Rajalakshmi was crowned the winner in the 2014 Miss Wheelchair India contest.
Her positive attitude makes it clear why she is such a winner. Rajalakshmi says that she is lucky to have had two lives in the same lifetime, one as an abled person and the other as a disabled person.
Rajalakshmi lost the strength of her legs in an accident when she was 21 years old. She was always keen on modeling and travelling, as well as becoming a doctor.
She also loves to drive and her car has been customized to suit her needs. She has been to 13 countries so far. She is also an assistant professor at a dental college, and an active voice for the rights of the disabled.
She requests you to cast a vote for her in the below link for Miss Wheelchair World 2017. You can vote once in every 24 hours using the same mail ID.
To vote for her, click on - http://misswheelchairworld.com/en/miss,12,rajalakshmi-sj.html
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Get set for an explosion of art & culture in accessible forms at the Serendipity Arts Festival
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Election results from 5 states, massive disappointment for BJP
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Kedarnath movie banned in 7 Uttarakhand districts
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
- Headlines December 11, 2018 India celebrates first Test win in Australia in 10 years
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News