Bengaluru dentist Rajalakshmi all set to make waves at Miss Wheelchair World 2017
September 21, 2017
There are less than 10 days to go for the Miss Wheelchair World 2017 in Poland to begin. Waiting to make her presence felt on the international stage is Rajalakshmi, a dentist from Bengaluru.
There are two women selected from India for the contest. Rajalakshmi was crowned the winner in the 2014 Miss Wheelchair India contest.
Her positive attitude makes it clear why she is such a winner. Rajalakshmi says that she is lucky to have had two lives in the same lifetime, one as an abled person and the other as a disabled person.
Rajalakshmi lost the strength of her legs in an accident when she was 21 years old. She was always keen on modeling and travelling, as well as becoming a doctor.
She also loves to drive and her car has been customized to suit her needs. She has been to 13 countries so far. She is also an assistant professor at a dental college, and an active voice for the rights of the disabled.
She requests you to cast a vote for her in the below link for Miss Wheelchair World 2017. You can vote once in every 24 hours using the same mail ID.
To vote for her, click on - http://misswheelchairworld.com/en/miss,12,rajalakshmi-sj.html
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Jallianwalah Bagh massacre, people pay tribute
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News