Para-swimmer Niranjan Mukundan completes Golden Quadrilateral drive in record time
Bengaluru-based para-swimmer Niranjan Mukundan, who has represented India at various athletic and swimming events in the world, has set a new record.
Niranjan completed the Golden Quadrilateral by car in record time.
Niranjan started his expedition on 31 July and completed the 5,846 km journey in 124 hours and 52 minutes.
He drove through Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata. He is the youngest and fastest to do so.
With Niranjan, was his childhood friend Vivek, who was also the navigator.
The previous record was held by Harish Kumar who completed the journey in 129 hours.
Niranjan’s time has been approved by the India Book of Records under the Differently Abled to cover the Golden Quadrilateral category.
Niranjan, who is the 2015 Junior World Champion at the World Junior Games, drove a Hyundai i20.
Niranjan was born with spina bifida, a condition where the affected person has incomplete spinal development and clubbed feet. He started swimming early in his life as doctors said it was good for his development.
He has also represented India at IWAS, International Wheelchair and Amputee Sports, and World Junior Games.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Two jets crash ahead of Bengaluru Aero India event, one pilot dies
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Get-hooked February 16, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019